Author Topic: Infanticide Makes a Comeback  (Read 673 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Infanticide Makes a Comeback
« on: February 27, 2019, 04:09:59 am »
full article  https://spectator.org/infanticide-makes-a-comeback/

Some extracts from article:

Princeton University’s bioethics professor Peter Singer became famous by claiming that newborn babies are killable because they have not yet developed the cognitive capacities to be considered a “person.” He wrote in Rethinking Life and Death, “Since neither a newborn infant nor a fish is a person the wrongness of killing such beings is not as great as the wrongness of killing a person.” In other words, to Singer, a newborn infant is the moral equivalent of a mackerel.

Singer is far from alone. A few years ago, the Journal of Medical Ethics published an advocacy article entitled, “After-Birth Abortion: Why Should the Baby Live?” Consider the following quotes that the editors of one of the world’s most prestigious bioethics journals considered worthy of respectful dissemination:

“The moral status of an infant is equivalent to that of a fetus, that is, neither can be considered a ‘person’ in a morally relevant sense.”
“In spite of the oxymoron in the expression, we propose to call this practice ‘after-birth’ abortion,’ rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus… rather than that of a child.”
“We claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all circumstances where abortion would be.”
“Merely being human is not in itself a reason for ascribing someone a right to life.”

These people ascribing to this are worse than animals.  Even animals protect their young.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

Re: Infanticide Makes a Comeback
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 05:57:40 am »
I was part of a group of jurors that sentenced a young girl to life in prison for killing her newborn child and flushing it down the toilet. I guess we were wrong. /s

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 06:10:13 am »
Does a sleeping adult have the cognitive capacities to be considered a “person”?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 06:52:04 am »
Academia.

Take 1 step down that road, just 1.

That fact that crackerjacks like Singer get away with some sort of "intellectual celebrity" (because they've never Had to do anything but think) in no way Validates their incestual, closed loop gibberish as intelligent.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 06:52:44 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 02:59:44 pm »
I love these smirky little self-coiffed intellectuals waxing prose over their little pet theories as to who's valuable and who's not, especially considering that their little group is not known for high rates of gun ownership.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 08:06:49 am »
Does a sleeping adult have the cognitive capacities to be considered a “person”?
How about those Leftists, for starters? Even wide awake, their cognitive abilities are highly questionable.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 08:09:21 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 04:28:11 pm »
Killing newborn infants opens up a can of worms. Of course, some European countries are already snuffing out the lives of some old people who have been deemed drags on society.
Who will get to decide who is worthy to live? Naturally, SJWs think they know the answer.
But many conservatives might make their own list.  I think Professor Singer might be at or near the top of the list of worthless, oxygen thieves.