Author Topic: Woman Charged With Attacking Falmouth Man Wearing MAGA Hat Now In ICE Custody  (Read 986 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The feel good story of the day.  Karma is a woderful thing!

FALMOUTH (CBS) – The woman who was charged with confronting a man wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat inside a Falmouth Mexican restaurant is now in ICE custody. The department said she was in the country illegally.

Police said Rosiane Santos walked by Bryton Turner as he was eating dinner at Casa Vallarta and knocked the hat off his head. She then allegedly confronted him verbally.

Turner recorded video showing some of the confrontation.

“Deportation officers with ICE’s Fugitive Operations Team arrested Rosiane Santos, an unlawfully present citizen of Brazil, today near Falmouth, Massachusetts,” said ICE spokesman John Mohan. “Santos is currently facing local charges for assault and other offenses. She is presently in ICE custody and has been entered into removal proceedings before the federal immigration courts.”

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/02/26/president-trump-make-america-great-again-hat-confrontation-rosiane-santos-ice/#
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

How stupid are you if you're in a country illegally and you think it's a good idea to knock somebody's hat off and confront them because you don't like what's on the hat?  Pretty stupid I'd say.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
CNN will lead with: Immigrant woman arrested and to be deported for criticizing Trump.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
How stupid are you if you're in a country illegally and you think it's a good idea to knock somebody's hat off and confront them because you don't like what's on the hat?  Pretty stupid I'd say.

Not so much.  Chances of being deported are minimal, overall.  This one beat the odds.    :laugh:

The contempt and arrogance are shocking though.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I often eat in places that are also popular with Hispanics, some of them probably illegal.

In well over 20 years at one place, not a single incident.

There is another place which has gardeners' trucks at lunchtime. That is how you determine they have good food !!

Apparently this dumb gal from Brasil, doesn't understand the "lay of the land," here.

Eat first. Hassle somewhere else later.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Bill Cipher

I think we will all feel the collective bump in IQ in the country when this one is deported. How stupid do you have to be?

Online Wingnut

What she did...its like wiping before you poop... it don't make sense.

Offline goatprairie

Not so much.  Chances of being deported are minimal, overall.  This one beat the odds.    :laugh:

The contempt and arrogance are shocking though.
Minimal if you don't cause trouble. If you're in a country illegally, you don't create an incident where the authorities are going find out about your status.  She might as well have shouted into a bullhorn that she was an illegal.