Author Topic: Rush: Bill Maher Reveals What Liberals Really Think of Us  (Read 577 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Bill Maher Reveals What Liberals Really Think of Us
« on: February 26, 2019, 07:40:18 pm »

Bill Maher Reveals What Liberals Really Think of Us

Feb 26, 2019

RUSH: I had something in the Stack yesterday I didn’t get to. Bill Maher had a monologue on his Friday night program on HBO, and I thought it was fascinating. He said the red state, blue state divide is really nothing more than the red state being jealous of that. He said we don’t hate the left. We want to be the left. They have chef Wolfgang Puck. We have Chef Boyardee.

And he went on to insult life in flyover states, states that vote Republican. And portrayed blue states where leftists hang out as the creme de la creme and the elites of the elite and said the real problem in America is not that we on the right think the left is destroying things, that they’re the cool kids, they’re the hipsters and that we really want to be invited to their party, but we know we never will be because we’re nerds or we’re kooks or we’re hicks or we’re freaks, and we know it.

He had some funny lines in it, but you know what it did? It unveiled a lot of the thinking about people who are among the elite who think they are in the elite. And it revealed a lot about the way that they think. And at the top of the list, they really do consider themselves elitists. It’s unusual for this to be admitted to because most elites try to tamp that down. They try to blur that line. They don’t like being called elites because that’s a minority of people. Therefore it’s not a majority of thought, not a majority of behavior, it’s not a majority of belief and that’s because they’re elites.

And I don’t know that the jokes and the making fun of red-state voters and conservatives and Republicans was all there, but the end result was that the guy ended up confirming the idea that there are a whole lot of people out there who, just because they’re liberal, think they are much better than all the rest of us and much smarter than all the rest of us and that they do talk down to us and that we’re not offended by it, we’re jealous. We want in. We want to be in that big clique. It’s almost like high school never ended. They remain the cool kids, and we’re not.

In the process this was all admitted to, that this view of the country and the vast majority of its people are a bunch of hayseeds. Now, you say, “Well, Rush, that’s not news. We already know.” Yeah, but what’s news is they’re finally actually admitting it now. Remember, for all comedy to be funny, there has to be an element of truth in it.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/02/26/bill-maher-reveals-what-liberals-really-think-of-us/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Rush: Bill Maher Reveals What Liberals Really Think of Us
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 07:57:05 pm »
I saw Tucker Carlson do a segment on Mahers rant.  It's everything Rush says it is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Re: Rush: Bill Maher Reveals What Liberals Really Think of Us
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 08:02:44 pm »
I saw Tucker Carlson do a segment on Mahers rant.  It's everything Rush says it is.

is there anything more pathetic than someone who imagines everyone else admires them, when actually thats not what everyone else is thinking at all?