Author Topic: Teaching, not Preaching, Controversies in the Classroom. Fighting the indoctrination of students.  (Read 710 times)

rangerrebew

Teaching, not Preaching, Controversies in the Classroom
Fighting the indoctrination of students.
February 26, 2019
Jack Kerwick

At the college for which I teach philosophy, I recently delivered a lecture in which I provided tips as to how faculty should proceed in teaching controversial subjects in the classroom.

For starters, I noted, a conscientious teacher must be able to know when he is in fact dealing with a topic that is indeed controversial. Given the apparent ease with which far too many instructors throughout the academic world introduce into their lectures contentious issues, one can be forgiven for thinking that these professors aren’t even aware that the issues to which they speak are in fact contentious.

In other words, it would appear that they are oblivious to the fact that the issues that they cavalierly address are issues.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/272931/teaching-not-preaching-controversies-classroom-jack-kerwick

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The only way that the "indoctrination" of students can possibly be "stopped" is to GET RID of perhaps 80% of the faculty and administration (if not more).

Otherwise, the indoctrination will continue unabated...