Author Topic: Wisconsin governor issues order pulling National Guard troops from border, citing no 'crisis'  (Read 2319 times)

Offline skeeter

In legal terms, who is authorized to define a "crisis" under the 1976 statute?

Asylum claims are up dramatically, drugs are poring through, and there continues to be a serious threat of terror access through the southern desert areas...I consider that to be a crisis. Perhaps you do not. Perhaps most in congress do not. But the statue allows the president to make that determination. So it doesn't make any legal difference if you...I...or congress think its not a "crisis". Unless, of course, congress votes under the guidelines of the statute to end the emergency...which requires, of course, a 2/3rds majority in order to "pass" into law over a Presidential veto.

So clearly, in the sense of the 1976 congressional statute, its a crisis if the President believes it to be so. Period.

The good news is illegal immigration is down. The bad news is asylum claims are up 1800 percent.

Roll out the barrel.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Isn't it past your troll-time?  You usually grace us with your wit in the mornings.

When people here stop responding to his bs he will go away.  Trolls can't take being ignored.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Some coward sent me this with no return address or way to reply...

If the shoe fits...

So long. :seeya:

Just like that? No phony attempt to sound genial or reasonable?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
Trump Rocks.  Illegals are vermin. Godfather 3 was the best Godfather movie.

Ah!  I see!  You have nothing to add to the debate, so you're just flinging poop at other Members.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Some coward sent me this with no return address or way to reply...

If the shoe fits...

So long. :seeya:

So Mods are "cowards" these days?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Elvis has left the building.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
David Duke agrees with you.
...and we've resorted to the race card. That didn't take long.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Kamala Harris agrees with you.
@Free Vulcan

I sincerely apologize for insinuating you are a racist, and I have removed my offending posts in shame.  I was angry at your association of me with Kamala Harris, and also the way the world is.  I realize I actually damaged my opinion and reputation with you and most the whole forum by my flippant reply.  I should be heartened that being linked to Kamala Harris is so much less offensive than David Duke on this forum.

I had no right to judge you that way.  Racism is an easy excuse to complex problems I don't fully understand, and I had a bad day.  I do not truly believe you are like David Duke.  I take it back, and I hope you will accept my apology. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 11:31:18 am by Once-Ler »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There is no crisis.  Actually, illegal immigration has decreased, because living here is less desirable since Trump got elected.

@Once-Ler

Cool! When are you leaving,and what Workers Paradise will you be moving?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@Free Vulcan

I sincerely apologize for insinuating you are a racist, and I have removed my offending posts in shame.  I was angry at your association of me with Kamala Harris, and also the way the world is.  I realize I actually damaged my opinion and reputation with you and most the whole forum by my flippant reply.  I should be heartened that being linked to Kamala Harris is so much less offensive than David Duke on this forum.

I had no right to judge you that way.  Racism is an easy excuse to complex problems I don't fully understand, and I had a bad day.  I do not truly believe you are like David Duke.  I take it back, and I hope you will accept my apology.

Apology accepted, and I apologize for comparing you to Kamala Harris.

:beer:
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Free Vulcan

I should be heartened that being linked to Kamala Harris is so much less offensive than David Duke on this forum.

@Once-Ler

Say WHAT? Same critter,different fur.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!