Author Topic: Federal funds flow into Texas for recovery from Harvey, fall floods  (Read 670 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Insurance News Net 2/26/2019

In a pair of announcements Monday, federal and state officials said help is on the way for those still recovering from recent disasters.

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development said it has approved the state's updated Hurricane Harvey recovery plan submitted in November, including $652 million to supplement the $5 billion allocated in 2018.

Also Monday, President Donald Trump approved a major disaster declaration for more than 30 Texas counties, including Travis, that were hit by devastating floods in September and November. The declaration makes federal funds available to state and local governments, along with private nonprofit organizations, for repairs related to the floods and hazard mitigation to lessen the impact of future flooding.

The latest amendment to the Texas General Land Office's plan allocates federal funding to its programs and Houston and Harris County programs. The goal is to rebuild homes, businesses and public transportation networks and to mitigate future disasters including flooding, Gov. Greg Abbott said.

"We are working to make sure that these resources will be allocated in a way that will help those affected rebuild quickly," he said.

More: https://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticle/federal-funds-flow-into-texas-for-recovery-from-harvey-fall-floods#.XHVQb7h7mUk

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Federal funds flow into Texas for recovery from Harvey, fall floods
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 03:40:23 pm »
We are working to make sure that these resources will be allocated in a way that will help those affected rebuild quickly

After what, 2 years?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

Re: Federal funds flow into Texas for recovery from Harvey, fall floods
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 03:50:52 pm »
After what, 2 years?

Yep, some folks in my area are still in temporary quarters, camping trailers, etc.  No insurance.

I've still got some repairs waiting, but nothing critical.  Just waiting on time and money to allocate.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer