Author Topic: Ric Flair Rings in 70th Birthday with Celebrity-Filled Surprise Party: 'I Am Overcome with Emotion'  (Read 971 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Ric Flair Rings in 70th Birthday with Celebrity-Filled Surprise Party: 'I Am Overcome with Emotion'

Jason Duaine Hahn and Elissa Rosen
People
February 22, 2019

Ric “The Nature Boy” Flair rang in his birthday in style on Friday night in Atlanta.

The wrestling legend’s wife, Wendy Barlow, put together a surprise party with 160 guests in celebration of Flair at The 1818 club.

“I am so overwhelmed by this whole night. Every one of my peers and my friend are all here to celebrate me,” Flair told PEOPLE. “I mean come on, I am so lucky. I am just so lucky. I am looking around the room in just complete awe. I never thought I would live to see this day. I am overcome with emotion.”

More

Wikipedia article on Ric Flair

Ric turns 70 today. He was born February 25, 1949 in Memphis, Tennessee. Happy birthday, Ric!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 07:20:05 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That is like a Hundred years old in rassling years.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Nature Boy, what was his trademark, just going "Wooo!"?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Nature Boy, what was his trademark, just going "Wooo!"?
He was an impeccable promo cutter who could play the nouveau riche angle as well as anyone. Yeah, there was probably some cocaine involved... and it caught up with him a couple years back.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idiot

Pro wrestling is REAL....REAL I TELL YOU!   :laugh:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
There was a kid down my street who's dad took him to see wrestling every week. Then he'd show us all the new moves. We'd all practice the moves among us. I watched  wrestling some in the Coliseum in the early 80's. The promoter back then Paul Boesch, lived in my neighborhood.

Then my oldest son, who played football in middle school, was a varsity wrestler all 4 years in HS. He took wrestling since the football team was so sorry. He loved to throw the football players who tried out for wrestling after football season was over. They thought the solution to not get thrown down on the mat was to rush harder and faster next time, only to get thrown down, harder and faster.