Author Topic: Anti-Semitism ‘Very Strong’ on Both Left and Right, Holocaust Expert Says  (Read 404 times)

rangerrebew

Anti-Semitism ‘Very Strong’ on Both Left and Right, Holocaust Expert Says
By Nicholas Ballasy February 21, 2019

WASHINGTON – Deborah Lipstadt, professor of modern Jewish history and Holocaust studies at Emory University, said that anti-Semitism is “very strong” on both the left and right of the political spectrum.

Lipstadt, author of History on Trial: My Day in Court with a Holocaust Denier, which was later adapted into the 2016 film Denial, said she was “shocked but not surprised” when she heard about the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting.

“Anybody who has studied this and studied what’s been going on and studied the vindictive language and the separation and the extremism we’ve seen in this country would not be surprised,” Lipstadt said during a U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum discussion, “Hate and Its Impact: Sowing the Seeds of Global Anti-Semitism,” on Thursday. “But today I think we see anti-Semitism on both the right and the left.… So if I’m on the left I’m quick to see it on the right, and if I’m on the right I’m quick to see it on the left. Hello – it’s on both sides and it’s very strong on both sides.”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/anti-semitism-very-strong-on-both-left-and-right-holocaust-expert-says/

Offline dfwgator

Oh the Protestants
Hate the Catholics

And the Catholics
Hate the Protestants

And the Hindus
Hate the Moslems

And everybody hates the Jews!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline goatprairie

I go to websites of both the far right and far left to see what the crazies are up to.
Certainly, there is still an element of anti-Semitism on the far right. If you don't believe me, just go to Takimag or a few other alt-right sites. I don't know if they can be considered alt-right or far-right, but many of the commenters on articles are openly anti-Semitic. Not so much the authors of the articles.
But there are openly hostile to Jews websites like Unz review. Some real scuzzy people at that place.