Author Topic: Enbridge puts $1.5 billion Valley Crossing Pipeline into service  (Read 1200 times)

Offline thackney

Enbridge puts $1.5 billion Valley Crossing Pipeline into service
« on: February 25, 2019, 06:18:46 pm »
Enbridge puts $1.5 billion Valley Crossing Pipeline into service
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/Enbridge-puts-Valley-Crossing-Pipeline-to-service-13635949.php
February 22, 2019

The Houston office of Canadian midstream giant Enbridge has started service on a $1.5 billion pipeline to move natural gas from the Agua Dulce hub near Corpus Christi to customers south of the border in Mexico.

Enbridge filed a Thursday morning notice with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission stating that the company placed the Valley Crossing Pipeline into service on Feb. 14.

The 165-mile pipeline is designed to move 2.6 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day from Agua Dulce to an underwater area of the Gulf of Mexico just east of Brownsville.

Valley Crossing Pipeline connects with a second pipeline several feet below the sea floor to move natural gas from the U.S./Mexico border to the State of Veracruz and power plants in the Mexican interior....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Enbridge puts $1.5 billion Valley Crossing Pipeline into service
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 08:56:49 pm »
I hope the Enbridge safety record has improved since they dumped a crap ton of oil into the Kalamazoo River a while back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalamazoo_River_oil_spill
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 08:59:08 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 09:38:12 pm »
I hope the Enbridge safety record has improved since they dumped a crap ton of oil into the Kalamazoo River a while back.

It will be okay.  Natural Gas floats up and away.  No accumulating spills.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 09:46:43 pm »
It will be okay.  Natural Gas floats up and away.  No accumulating spills.

True, as long as it dissipates before it flams.  There won't be any smell, because I'm sure this gas hasn't had the "stink" added to it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 01:08:02 pm »
True, as long as it dissipates before it flams.  There won't be any smell, because I'm sure this gas hasn't had the "stink" added to it.

Yes, Unless it goes through a heavily populated area, transmission level pipeline gas will not be odorized.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 03:55:24 pm »
I dug up a story on the Enbridge leak in the Kalamazoo river.  It looks like Enbridge skimped on the inspections.  I hope they learned from that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 04:04:09 pm »
I dug up a story on the Enbridge leak in the Kalamazoo river.  It looks like Enbridge skimped on the inspections.  I hope they learned from that.

Enbridge Incorporated Hazardous Liquid Pipeline Rupture and Release
https://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/accidentreports/pages/par1201.aspx

Both bad/insufficient inspections combined with poor monitoring during a start-up procedure.  Then combine that with a poor initial response to the leak.