Author Topic: ‘It’s a Rag’: Nebraska State Senator Likens American Flag to Nazi Swastika  (Read 1597 times)

rangerrebew

‘It’s a Rag’: Nebraska State Senator Likens American Flag to Nazi Swastika
By Janita Kan
February 23, 2019 Updated: February 23, 2019

A Nebraska state lawmaker has come under fire for calling the American flag “a rag” and comparing it to a Nazi Swastika.

Senator Ernie Chambers made the comments on the floor of the legislature on Feb. 19, when responding to a state bill (pdf) that would update school civics requirements to ensure that students “become competent, responsible, patriotic, and civil citizens.”

“I don’t come here for this rag every day, and it’s a rag. That’s all it is to me,” Chambers said when talking about the American flag.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/its-a-rag-nebraska-state-senator-likens-american-flag-to-nazi-swastika_2810906.html

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I know Nothing of this guy's background, but it's Gotta be tough crashing into things the way he has stumbling through that lifetime of eternally Lightless sewer pipe.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline mountaineer

This is how he dresses to go to work as a legislator.

He seems to believe his purpose in life is to say stupid things and hope for a reaction.

... During legislative debate on a measure to prohibit job discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity, a visibly frustrated Chambers explained why he'd watched much of the discussion from his downstairs office.

"If I was up here I'd probably pick these books up and start throwing them around," he said. "If I was a white guy, I'd go get my semiautomatic weapon and come down here and mow everybody down."

The comment startled many people who were following the debate online and drew quick responses from some of Chambers' fellow state senators.  ...
link
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FTA:

This is not the first time Chambers has attracted attention for his controversial comments. In 2007, the senator filed a lawsuit against God asking for a “permanent injunction ordering Defendant to cease certain harmful activities and the making of terroristic threats,” reported Fox News.

:happyhappy:

I looked him up...Omaha.  Figures.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 08:04:43 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Looks and sounds like the character on Sanford & Son.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Looks and sounds like the character on Sanford & Son.

Grady...LOL!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Even in Nebraska, there are enough lefties to elect a nut like this. For shame.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Even in Nebraska, there are enough lefties to elect a nut like this. For shame.

Urban centers around the country, like Omaha, produce some major league nitwits.  Both the politicians and the people who vote for them.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

I'm glad that ya'll made me laugh over this. Otherwise, I would have gone to mad furious.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Say what you will,but as the longest-serving politician there,he IS speaking for "his people". If they didn't approve of it he wouldn't be there.

The saddest thing is that as a young man in the 60's,I could really and truly see blacks making progress into the mainstream of American life,and then they started listening to the black racist bomb-throwers,and threw it all away.

You watch,10-15 years from now the KKK is going to be stronger than ever.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Say what you will,but as the longest-serving politician there,he IS speaking for "his people". If they didn't approve of it he wouldn't be there.

The saddest thing is that as a young man in the 60's,I could really and truly see blacks making progress into the mainstream of American life,and then they started listening to the black racist bomb-throwers,and threw it all away.

You watch,10-15 years from now the KKK is going to be stronger than ever.
QFT
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
In hindsight... and this is admittedly before my time... how much of that "progress" was just court-ordered suppression of racist policy?

15 years of judicial fascism from the Warren Court did more to crush racism in the South than even the Civil War... and with the schools reengineered and unions increasingly taking hold among the teachers, their children were implanted with the new, Correct Thought. The whole situation ought to send a chill down any freedom-loving person's spine because it established the model for justifiable fascism.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In hindsight... and this is admittedly before my time... how much of that "progress" was just court-ordered suppression of racist policy?

15 years of judicial fascism from the Warren Court did more to crush racism in the South than even the Civil War... and with the schools reengineered and unions increasingly taking hold among the teachers, their children were implanted with the new, Correct Thought. The whole situation ought to send a chill down any freedom-loving person's spine because it established the model for justifiable fascism.
While some was court-ordered, like desegregation, it was mainly cultural, from my observations. What the cry was then, was "Equal Opportunity", not equal outcome. People wanted the chance to excel. Everyone wanted their kids to do well in school, the schools had Principals who were commanding presences (when the schools were integrated, my new principal was a huge black man, and he commanded respect--I liked him, too).
But the parents who could scratch the money together were pushing their kids to do well and get scholarships, academic or athletic, and get an education--become professionals.

Our school was about 25 miles from DC and outside agitators ginned up race riots and derailed all that. (One kid was busted by the FBI for running with H. Rap Brown and Eldridge Cleaver). While their parents (another 25 miles away) had basically thrown the troublemakers out of their community ("'Cause we ain't never had no problem with our white folks"), the infiltration of the schools, decrying the parents as Uncle Toms (and what may have inspired the Generation Gap for white kids as a tactic) was enough to subvert the parent's efforts. Soon, blacks were 'acting out', shortly after, the white kids decided they "have equal rights, too", and discipline was lost across the board. Education went out the window.
Things didn't calm down until pot became popular...and that wasn't a 'win' for anyone, either. Ignorant and stoned isn't any way  to go through life.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

How long till he is primaried out?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How long till he is primaried out?

The 12th of Never.  He's in a safe seat, and his racist constituents in urban Omaha like what he says.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@jmyrlefuller

I can only speak to this from my own personal experiences. I was raised to not hate any group of people.Which is not necessarily the same as saying I should LOVE any particular people,either. "Live and let live" and "Don't try to harm anyone that isn't trying to harm you" were the keywords to my youth.

In the spirit of full-disclosure,I must admit that growing up in a city I was carrying at least one weapon on me anytime I left the house to go to a movie,football game,etc,etc,etc. Usually a switchblade,and sometimes a pair of brass knuckles. Family heirlooms. We were raised to never start anything,but to never back down if someone else started it,either. Getting beaten was ok,running away wasn't. I also lived a few  blocks from the local black neighborhood,and we shopped at the same grocery store and I had to walk through their neighborhood and a couple of bars to get to and from the football and baseball games at the high school.

My idiot father would get paid every Friday,come home,and hand me the paycheck and send me to that grocery store to cash it,so here I was,all of 8 years old,showing up at a grocery store on my bike every Friday evening about 6 PM,and leaving with 130 bucks in cash to ride my bicycle 5 or 6 blocks to get home. 130 bucks was big money back in the 50's.

Sure as hell,one evening two black teens jumped out from behind some bushes on my way home,and ran towards me. Instead of trying to get away (not possible),I just dumped the bike,pulled my Boy Scout hatchet out from under my shirt,and went screaming right at them. Smacked the first one in the forehead with it and he dropped like a rock,and when I went for the other guy he was running away. The blade on that thing had been sharpened on a stone and you could shave with it,but I guess in all the excitement I screwed up and hit him with the broad hammer head. He was doing some bleeding,but his head wasn't split open. I just got back on my bicycle and went home and said nothing about it. I did read the paper every day for a few days to see if any any black teens had been killed,though.

Anyhow,that was the only time anybody tried to bother me. The adult blacks never did nothing more than just glance at me as I walked to the football and baseball games. I didn't ride the bike because I knew it would get stolen if I didn't sit in one place and keep an eye on it.

Also,my mother had a black woman friend that would come visit sometimes. If I ever heard her name or how/why they were friends I don't remember it. I do remember one of the big rules in my house was when adults were visiting,children got the hell out of the house after greeting them and didn't come back in until called. This was all in the 1950's,and you just didn't see any "seedy-looking" black men hanging around outside the bars. They all seemed to have sports coats on and nice slacks and shoes,and the women were all wearing attractive dresses. "Uppardly mobile" is what they all aspired to be,even if that phrase wasn't known then.

I personally had no trouble with back soldiers when I joined the army at age 17,either. The trouble didn't start until around 1968,when the ignorant blacks were taught they were the vic-tums ob de white oppressors,and dat day wooda bin kings,if they ancestors hadn't dun be stolen offen dey thrones in Holy Mother Africa! STOLEN offen dey thrones,ah tells ya!

Yeah,I started having a little trouble with blacks then. One would call me a cracka or a hillbilly,and I would usually cut the conversation short by asking "You have some sort of problem with me,bleep?" That usually ended all the negotiations,and they got quiet and wandered away.

It did more to CREATE racism than anything else they could have possibly done. It ensured that the majority of blacks would never be equal because suddenly getting an education made you into a contemptible Uncle Tom instead of someone to be admired,just like marrying your girlfriend if she got pregnant made you  a fool because she could have the baby without you and get free room and board,and a check for spending money to boot!

It was the Dims that initially enslaved the blacks that came here,and was the Dims that used taxpayer money to enslave them again starting in the 60's. And they are still doing it.

BTW,I had a friend in SF that was pretty damn dark. His last name was Williams,and he was originally from Philly. He was a SFC E-7 in SF when I first met him and we became  friendly drinking buddies during that field training operation. Anyhow,that was when I learned one of his proudest possessions was a membership card in the North Carolina Chapter of the KKK. It just pleased him to no end to pull that out and show it to people. The unspoken truth being "these idiots don't seem to care who joins their ranks,do they?"

Anyhow,he,I,and Squirrel Spouse,another SF SFC,all got orders to go to VN at the same time. We all met up at Ohare airport in Chicago to catch the same flight west. Back then if you were in the military and traveling commercial,you were required to wear your uniform to get the discount,so all three of us were in our dress greens with our jump boots and all our ribbons on display,as well as wearing our Green Berets,just standing around BS's with each other,and we all might have had a taste or 3 of free airline whiskey. The trouble started when this elderly white woman walked up to us and said "Excuse me,but are you Green Berets?" Remember,the song "The ballad of the green berets" was getting airplay every day at about that time. Anyway,Williams looked her square in the eye and said "No 'mam. I'm a bleep." I thought she was going to stroke out. I was laughing so hard I was having trouble catching my wind. There was no way in HELL that old woman was ready for that.

You could rightly call Williams a few things with justification,but calling him a bleep was an outright lie,and I would have gotten in the face of anyone I heard say it and correct them.  He was wrong to do that,but in his defense he was half-drunk,and we were all getting more than  little tired of being called a hat by that time.

btw,a final note on this subject. My grandmother was a full-blooded Tuscarora Indian,and in the one photo I used to have of her,she was pretty damn dark. She married a Scotsman,and the odd thing is she had 6 children by him and every damn one of them was as white as a sheet of paper,and other than my mother they all had black hair and blue eyes. My mother had red hair and green eyes. My own eyes are black and while I am not dark,I am not pale,either. My father was Greek,so that may have had some influence,also.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:12:28 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Who knows if he believes any word of what he says. He is no more than a clown. He is a play actor playing the part of the mean angry Black racist guy, who hates God and Country. This plays well in his arena of radicalized Blacks as well as in the Berkeley Communist Left crowd.

I believe him as much as I believe anything Ann Coulter says. Both are attention seeking bomb throwers. Since they have no internal conviction, whichever side they happen to be on from one week to the next doesn't matter. Like all the Hollywood divas, it is all about saying the most outrageous thing possible to generate national attention. Which he has successfully done in this case.

But like so many in Hollywood, he may have stepped over the line talking about bringing in an automatic weapon and randomly shooting fellow Senators. I doubt that remark will be ignored. But you never know with the Left. They treat Black people as if they have some kind of disability, therefore they cannot be held responsible for anything they say or do. Who knows?

If a White person said anything close to that about any minority, it would likely end their career. Unlike Black people, in America Whites are held responsible for every detail of anything they say and do. There is no 'special pass' for being White.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Strife between races was a lot less before 2008 and grew during the Obama years, okay, there could be a number of factors to this. I have seen the charts and it grew more in Obama's 2nd term. That is what the agitators want. Trouble like we are seeing nowadays.  I will try to find that chart later on and post it.  It's up at Larry Elder's twitter but that's about 3 weeks ago.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:20:30 pm by TomSea »

Offline Absalom

A spawn of African sub-culture since earliest Man; a clone
of the the rest of the trash they eternally generate!!!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Sen. Chambers been sucking on the government teat alms his entire life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Chambers

As for prairie state big minorities in big cities; about 1955 my folks took their 3 little boys from Fort Morgan CO, tto see "Frontier Days," in Cheyenne WY.

Our brand new 1954 Pontiac was stolen. We rode the bus home. A few days later the Pontiac was found in a bad part of Denver.

Something tells me Cheyenne wasn't in the "Green Book," and the clever thieves figured it would be easy work, with everybody inside the rodeo grounds, watching--while their cars were stolen.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln