Author Topic: Meet Israel’s Deadly Gilboa DBR Snake AR-Type Rifle (It Can Fire Two Bullets Simultaneously)  (Read 508 times)

rangerrebew

February 22, 2019
Meet Israel’s Deadly Gilboa DBR Snake AR-Type Rifle (It Can Fire Two Bullets Simultaneously)

Good idea or a waste of time?
by Robert Beckhusen

Is this really a good idea?

The Israeli company Silver Shadow recently attracted attention for its double-barreled AR-type rifle, the Gilboa DBR Snake. For the most part, it’s an AR, uses AR parts and fires the 5.56-millimeter AR round. Except that it has two separate barrels, two magazines and two ejection ports — with two triggers as if two AR rifles had smashed into each other.

The two triggers are to make the Snake legal for civilian use in the United States, as  We Are the Mighty ‘s Blake Stilwell noted , citing ATF regulations for machine guns. But it’s easy enough to pull both, firing two rounds at once. 

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/meet-israel%E2%80%99s-deadly-gilboa-dbr-snake-ar-type-rifle-it-can-fire-two-bullets-simultaneously

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Is this really a good idea?

Nope.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I'm sure we all recognize that guns are just a modern means of throwing rocks, albeit hard fast accurate rocks at ultimate speed, but we are still just throwing rocks. This is fun, but it is just throwing two rocks at a time instead of one rock. Whether that is better or not would depend entirely on the situation.

A true innovation in field weapons would be the development of a Star Trek type phaser or a disruptor weapon. In terms of throwing rocks, there is always a point of diminishing returns.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.