Author Topic: A pediatrician exposes suicide tips for children hidden in videos on YouTube and YouTube Kids  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
By Lindsey Bever
February 24 at 6:01 PM

Free Hess, a pediatrician and mother, had learned about the chilling videos over the summer when another mom spotted one on YouTube Kids.

She said that minutes into the clip from a children’s video game, a man appeared on the screen — offering instructions on how to commit suicide.

“I was shocked,” Hess said, noting that since then, the scene has been spliced into several more videos from the popular Nintendo game Splatoon on YouTube and YouTube Kids, a video app for children. Hess, from Ocala, Fla., has been blogging about the altered videos and working to get them taken down amid an outcry from parents and child health experts, who say such visuals can be damaging to children....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/02/24/pediatrician-exposes-suicide-tips-children-hidden-videos-youtube-youtube-kids/?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&utm_term=.bf0dfc1f3a1f

Is this true? 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Youtube, Google and Faceboo are the Devil's playground. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LetsTalk

• Right Here. Right Now.
Absolutely appalling. We live in a sick, sick world.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly
to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

-Albert Einstein

Online berdie

This is insane.

Bill Cipher

This is just insane.  It’s like the people who used to put razor blades and sharp metal in Halloween candy. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 05:02:49 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This is  not tbe momo  challenge thing.
Yeah, it is, just in a different form. These types of scare articles have been around for many years.

There may be a few idiots who pull off stuff like this, but they are very few and far between... and not the epidemic that keeps getting reported every so often.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, it is, just in a different form. These types of scare articles have been around for many years.

There may be a few idiots who pull off stuff like this, but they are very few and far between... and not the epidemic that keeps getting reported every so often.

No, not epidemic.  I did see the video, and it seems YT dragged their feet a bit. 
I will NOT comply.

Online berdie

I actually saw this "momo challenge" thing on the news last night.  It may equate to the Slender Man thing....in a different way. and we all know how Slender Man turned out.