Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez redistributes her staff’s incomes  (Read 1053 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ocasio-Cortez redistributes her staff’s incomes
« on: February 24, 2019, 03:01:17 pm »
February 24, 2019
By Thomas Lifson

A young woman with no real-world experience is about to learn the hard way that her ideology is impractical.  I have to give Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez credit for sincerity in her announcement on Twitter that she plans to compress the pay scale of her staff, reallocating the budget she receives for staff, and cutting the pay at the top, while increasing the pay at the bottom. If she stays in office long enough, the consequences of implementing leftist cant will become clear to her (and us) over time, so it may be a teaching experience” (as former President Obama called it).  Stephanie Aiken of Roll Call sympathetically reports:

Claudia Pagon Marchena, like so many Hill staffers, moonlighted at a Washington, D.C., eatery to pay her rent until she took a job with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She celebrated her last day at her coffee shop job that same week.

That’s because Ocasio-Cortez, who has called on fellow lawmakers to pay their staffs a “living wage,” is making an example out of her own office. The New York Democrat has introduced an unusual policy that no one on her staff will make less than $52,000 a year — an almost unheard of amount for many of the 20-somethings whose long hours make House and Senate offices run.

For Pagon Marchena, 22, the pay bump meant an end to a grueling, seven-day-a-week work schedule that was wearing down her resolve to stay in Washington, where rents average more than $2,000 a month.

Congress, which loves spending taxpayers’ money, already is “studying” giving better pay to lower level staff (meaning increasing their own allowances for staff), but Sandy O wants action  now  (even if impractical) because she’s the boss!

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/02/ocasiocortez_redistributes_her_staffs_incomes.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Ocasio-Cortez redistributes her staff’s incomes
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 03:43:10 pm »
Ocasio-Cortez has no concept of her ignorance. The only question I have is whether the harm she does in office will outweigh the mirth she generates for those of us watching her crash and burn.

I hope she augers in hard ..and the sooner the better. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 12:48:37 pm »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 12:59:51 pm »
If she gets the same budget as any other Congresswoman... that's her prerogative. Besides, no one would argue that a Washington Congressional staffer deserves to get paid six figures, which this article bizarrely seems to defend.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 04:02:16 pm »
I notice she wasn't willing to redistribute any of her own $171K per year salary.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 04:22:14 pm »
February 24, 2019

Paying the chief of staff the same as the mail clerk?  Yeah , thats the ticket .  :silly:

p.s.  Underpaid and overworked staff?  .... sometimes these things come back to bite you in the ass.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 04:23:40 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 07:51:48 pm »
Paying the chief of staff the same as the mail clerk?  Yeah , thats the ticket .  :silly:

p.s.  Underpaid and overworked staff?  .... sometimes these things come back to bite you in the ass.
I thought you had to pay extra to get them to bite you in the ass?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 01:46:34 am »
I said it before, I'll say it again:
"Twentieth Century Motors Company":
https://www.conservapedia.com/Twentieth_Century_Motor_Company

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 01:46:01 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34