Author Topic: With women in combat roles, a federal court rules the male-only draft unconstitutional  (Read 9451 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Bill Cipher

Is this a serious comment?

Bill thinks it is.  Just run down some of his posting history.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Which makes this place a rich opportunity for a leftist to shove that crap down our throats.  A laboratory if you will.  It's like studying insects under a microscope.

Their ideology cannot afford to leave a single nook or cranny of doubleplus ungoodthink unindoctrinated.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I appreciate your intent here, but you gotta understand that outside of forums like this one your view of the world is constantly shoved down our throats. This place is a refuge.

I don't even post that frequently. The posts just tend to blow up when I do because people want to disagree with me.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't even post that frequently. The posts just tend to blow up when I do because people want to disagree with me.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!  Imagine that!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Physical standards for women have already been lowered for women in the armed services.  There’s a minority of women bodybuilders who are abnormally strong, largely due to steroid use.  But those don’t seem to be the ones who want in to the service.  It’s the ones with something to prove.

That's the old "Chip on the Shoulder" thing?

These gals who want to prove something will pay for that with their lives if we're in a real shootin' war.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

Thank you for proving my point for me.

Obviously I think I'm right. You don't? When you take the time to disagree with me are you not attempting to help me understand something I don't understand? I think you're wrong about a lot of stuff. It's not fair to get pissed off because you haven't been able to change my mind.
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Maybe it's because we know you're wrong?
I will NOT comply.

Bill Cipher

@Bill Cipher

Is this a serious comment?

It’s obviously got some hyperbole,  but at bottom, yeah, it’s a valid comment.  Those who claim to “protect” women - or any other group - have a distressing tendency to do so in a way that, mirabile dictu, just happens to restrict their freedom and treat them as less than full adults. 

Every single apologist for the Muslim treatment of women uses exactly the same excuse:  it’s for their protection. 

Bill Cipher

Bill thinks it is.  Just run down some of his posting history.

Ahh yes, here come the personal attacks.

Offline Dexter

Well when it comes to population we are.

I don't think that's a relevant concern considering the national and world population.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Maybe it's because we know you're wrong?

Yeah, and I know you're wrong too. Don't let it bother you so much.
-Socrates

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I have no desire to Play the Lottery anymore after I almost Won with my Draft Lottery #002.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

It’s obviously got some hyperbole,  but at bottom, yeah, it’s a valid comment.  Those who claim to “protect” women - or any other group - have a distressing tendency to do so in a way that, mirabile dictu, just happens to restrict their freedom and treat them as less than full adults. 

Every single apologist for the Muslim treatment of women uses exactly the same excuse:  it’s for their protection.

@Bill Cipher

The two don’t go hand in hand, though.  It’s true that Muslims mistreat women and justify it as protection.  But the traditional male protective impulse toward women is a positive attribute.  And it just makes sense.

God knows my husband is protective of me, but he’s the polar opposite of smothering and abusing.  Same with the women in my family.  We’re talking confident professional women who enjoy strong protective men.

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline goodwithagun

I don't think that's a relevant concern considering the national and world population.

Our national pop is dropping and that’s a bad thing. Malthus was wrong.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I have no desire to Play the Lottery anymore after I almost Won with my Draft Lottery #002.

Man, That was a "bend over moment."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Dexter

Our national pop is dropping

That is objectively false.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/population

DATE              VALUE

Aug 1, 2018   328.26 million
Jul 1, 2018   328.03 million
Jul 1, 2017   325.72 million
Jul 1, 2016   323.41 million
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Obviously I think I'm right. You don't? When you take the time to disagree with me are you not attempting to help me understand something I don't understand? I think you're wrong about a lot of stuff. It's not fair to get pissed off because you haven't been able to change my mind.

I always consider the possibility I am wrong.  You obviously do not.  You lack a sufficient ability to doubt yourself, you mind is closed.  I don't give a shit if I don't change your mind.  You are what you are:  An amusement.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, and I know you're wrong too. Don't let it bother you so much.

To clarify:  I don't give a give a flying bleep what you think.  That doesn't bother me in the least.  What does bother me is you troll this forum I administer.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ahh yes, here come the personal attacks.

You denounce your posting history? 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

You obviously do not.

My world view has changed drastically over the last 12 years. I want to be wrong, because then I learn. I think in politics between two people that aren't ignorant it's less of a disagreement about what's factually right and wrong and more of a disagreement about what's morally right or wrong. You think you've adequately proven me wrong however many times, but maybe all you've really done is state your own opinion. I don't always choose to continue engaging. That doesn't mean my world view has been proven wrong and I'm choosing to ignore it.
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It is if you are a civilized society and don't want to be overrun with Vandals. 

But, I don't think you believe we're "civilized."  We're Troglodytes. *****rollingeyes*****
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

Well if they want equal rights, this comes with the territory.

You see, that there is the problem. The straw man, equal rights (women already have equal rights under the law), over common sense biology: that is the importance for mothers to rear their children (and fathers too, barring war).

Offline Dexter

What does bother me is you troll this forum I administer.

No I don't, but if you want to ban me for my views now that you're an admin you should go ahead and do it now instead of slowly building up to it. I've asked Myst to ban me more than once anyway.
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't always choose to continue engaging.

That's rich.  You never engage, you lecture.  Big difference.

I'm tired of this crap.  Go lecture somebody else who likes it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No I don't, but if you want to ban me for my views now that you're an admin you should go ahead and do it now instead of slowly building up to it. I've asked Myst to ban me more than once anyway.

Nope.  Banning somebody who disagrees is contrary to TBR policy, which is what I'm tasked to uphold as Admin.  Now, if I really considered you nothing more than a troll... :whistle:
I will NOT comply.