Author Topic: With women in combat roles, a federal court rules the male-only draft unconstitutional  (Read 9580 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
A father’s absence doesn’t impact an infant like it does a mother’s.

Both are devastating to children.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good men will die trying to protect women who have no business being there in the first place!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yes, for real ,,, still some of us that believe women are to be protected, not put on the front line (or thereabouts).
I disagree.

If a man has to submit his personal information to the armed forces and be called into service in times of war or peace, under penalty of jail time, massive fines, blacklisting from job opportunities and being banned from getting a driver's license in over 20 states... equal protection insists that women be subject to the same indignity.

What the armed forces does with the women in their registration list is another issue altogether, but they should be required to register. The armed forces has uses for women that don't involve combat. If that's the concern, as it usually has been, it's a very weak one. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 05:57:06 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There will likely never be another draft, so this is mostly just symbolic.

"Never?"  Do you have a crystal ball or something?

You always seem to be so sure of yourself, @Dexter.  This is not a positive personality attribute because it denies self-reflection.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think men should be held sacred and protected too.

OK, then pass a law to make all wars illegal. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

"Never?"  Do you have a crystal ball or something?

You always seem to be so sure of yourself, @Dexter.  This is not a positive personality attribute because it denies self-reflection.

I said likely never. Human soldiers will soon become much less relevant in modern warfare. If you think I'm not willing to put my own ideas under the microscope you couldn't be further from the truth. That's almost the entire reason why I come here.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

OK, then pass a law to make all wars illegal.

A woman's life is not inherently more important than a man's life.
-Socrates

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I said likely never. Human soldiers will soon become much less relevant in modern warfare. If you think I'm not willing to put my own ideas under the microscope you couldn't be further from the truth. That's almost the entire reason why I come here.

Talk about unlikely!  Since you are impervious to arguments, I'd say you are only here to lecture us knuckle-draggers.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Try telling that to an experience Anthropologist.  Never mind, you'll just end up lecturing them, too.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

I'd say you are only here to lecture us knuckle-draggers.

I do hope some of you have maybe gotten a little something from the way I see the world, as I have from the way all of you see it. If I actually looked down on you so much I wouldn't waste my time.
-Socrates

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Talk about unlikely!  Since you are impervious to arguments, I'd say you are only here to lecture us knuckle-draggers.

T R O L L ! ! ! 100%
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Depends on the woman.  There are quite a few at the right-hand section of the Bell Curve for physical strength.  The problem with that is, the Feminists will demand the standards for physical fitness be lowered to allow a gal who's 5 foot 2 inches to serve in combat, so that's where I have to end up agreeing with your premise.

@Cyber Liberty

Physical standards for women have already been lowered for women in the armed services.  There’s a minority of women bodybuilders who are abnormally strong, largely due to steroid use.  But those don’t seem to be the ones who want in to the service.  It’s the ones with something to prove.

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

I think men should be held sacred and protected too.

@Dexter

Most men prefer to protect rather than be protected.  It’s only natural.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I do hope some of you have maybe gotten a little something from the way I see the world, as I have from the way all of you see it. If I actually looked down on you so much I wouldn't waste my time.

Thank you for proving my point for me.  And my previous point about a lack of self-reflection?  You prove that every day.  That last sentence is just a sop to help the knuckle-draggers swallow your BS.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

I appreciate your intent here, but you gotta understand that outside of forums like this one your view of the world is constantly shoved down our throats. This place is a refuge.

Offline goodwithagun

Well when it comes to population we are. While men can procreate almost endlessly, women can’t and therefore a few more of us than men is a good thing.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Dexter

Most men prefer to protect rather than be protected.  It’s only natural.

@QueenCatofAragon

Mr. Dex is at war with "Human Nature."  He doesn't want to understand it, he wants to change it by lecturing us idiots.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I appreciate your intent here, but you gotta understand that outside of forums like this one your view of the world is constantly shoved down our throats. This place is a refuge.

Which makes this place a rich opportunity for a leftist to shove that crap down our throats.  A laboratory if you will.  It's like studying insects under a microscope. 
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

That settles it. He's a blood sucking Vampire.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well when it comes to population we are. While men can procreate almost endlessly, women can’t and therefore a few more of us than men is a good thing.

Stop making sense.   :laugh:

That is why I think he should discuss this with an experienced Anthropologist.  Let him try to convince one that you are wrong.  (What you say is right there in Anthro 101:  Females must be preserved because of their role in maintaining the population of a species.)
I will NOT comply.

Bill Cipher

Yes, for real ,,, still some of us that believe women are to be protected, not put on the front line (or thereabouts).

Yeah; they’re called Muslims, and it’s just a ruse to keep women treated as chattel property. 

Offline QueenCatofAragon

@QueenCatofAragon

Mr. Dex is at war with "Human Nature."  He doesn't want to understand it, he wants to change it by lecturing us idiots.  :shrug:

It’s a losing battle.  Just as it is for the broads who want to be the same as men.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That settles it. He's a blood sucking Vampire.

With a subtle difference:  Vampires get respect. :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Yeah; they’re called Muslims, and it’s just a ruse to keep women treated as chattel property.

@Bill Cipher

Is this a serious comment?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

*****rollingeyes*****

Must be nice to live in a binary world.
I will NOT comply.