Author Topic: Helping browsers forget sensitive passwords  (Read 1171 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Helping browsers forget sensitive passwords
« on: February 24, 2019, 01:52:57 pm »
Houston Chronicle by  Jay Lee Feb. 22, 2019

Q: I am using Firefox as my web browser and recently logged into a financial account I have. When I did this, a box came up asking if I wanted to save the password and I mistakenly hit the “Yes” button. Now when I go to the login page of that website, my ID and password are prepopulated in the login screen. I do not wish to keep this access information saved on my computer. How can I remove it?

A: Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer all have the option to save website passwords.

You can manage how the Firefox browser manages passwords by typing “about:preferences#privacy” in the address bar and hitting Enter.

In the configuration page that comes up you can tell the browser whether or not you want to remember logins and passwords. You can also choose which sites you want to save or not save along with deleting any passwords you might have saved, but now wish to remove.

The process is similar in Chrome. Type “chrome://settings” into your address bar and hit Enter. At the very top of the Settings menu you will see a link for Passwords. Click on that and you can manage how Chrome handles saved password in the browser.

Internet Explorer stashes these settings under Tools, Internet Options, Content. Look under AutoComplete and click Settings and then Manage Passwords. Click on the Web Credentials Manager and here you can remove individual saves passwords.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/jaylee/article/Helping-browsers-forget-sensitive-passwords-13616561.php

Online roamer_1

Re: Helping browsers forget sensitive passwords
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 02:32:02 pm »
CCleaner can be set up to delete passwords in all three with a single click (after setup... it does not do it as delivered).