Author Topic: Jussie Smollett Did NOT Pay Brother $3,500 for 'Attack'  (Read 1017 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jussie Smollett Did NOT Pay Brother $3,500 for 'Attack'
« on: February 24, 2019, 02:42:57 am »

Jussie Smollett Did NOT Pay Brother $3,500 for 'Attack'

2/23/2019 9:00 AM PST

The Chicago PD claims Jussie Smollett paid Ola and Abel Osundairo $3,500 to fake an attack, but sources connected to the case tell TMZ that's just not the case.

Our sources say the brothers made a deal with Jussie to train him for 5 weeks so he could get in shape for an upcoming music video. Jussie had said to Ola that he wanted abs like his. Both Abel and Ola agreed to train Jussie, and also give him a 5-week nutrition plan.

Our sources say Jussie told the brothers he would pay them for their services, but no specific amount was discussed.

A few days before the "attack," Jussie wrote the brothers a check for $3,500. The memo line read, "5 weeks training nutrition plan."

Our sources say Ola and Abel told the grand jury they were paid for the 5-week program and not for the "attack." One source connected with the brothers did say Ola and Abel felt the amount was "a little high" but no one ever specifically said anything about any of the money being part of a scheme.

We've learned the brothers also told the grand jury that they had nothing to do with the threatening letter mailed to Jussie Smollett 8 days before the "attack."

more
https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/23/jussie-smollett-3500-dollars-money-attack-training/?adid=hero1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Jussie Smollett Did NOT Pay Brother $3,500 for 'Attack'
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 02:47:04 am »
Sounds plausible. wink777
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 06:23:03 am »
Sounds plausible. wink777
Yeah, right.

I have seen a few checks in my time which had a memo line that said "salvage parts" or "car parts" or some such, too.  **nononono*

You can write almost anything on that line.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 01:39:39 pm »
It appears Smollett isn't quite as stupid as I thought he was.  Money for a fake attack?
 Oh no, it was for "training" purposes.  Sure thing......nod, nod, wink, wink.  :whistle:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 02:02:42 pm »
 As all of this goes to trial, assuming it goes to trial and he doesn’t make a deal, we’ll find out new truths and sometimes some of the things we thought were originally the case will end up not to be so

One thing we do know for sure as he was not attacked by white rednecks yelling “this is MAGA  country!”  How much him and those brothers orchestrated the attacks we’re going to find out
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 02:19:06 pm »
I don't know about other people's checks, but on mine, the Memo line is tiny.  "5 weeks training nutrition plan" would not fit unless it was heavily abbreviated. 

We are sure the "attack" was a hoax, but I question the honesty of the two brothers too.  They say they were born in thos country, but they are of Nigerian descent and when I hear, "Nigerian," I think "scam."  Maybe that is an unfair stereotype, but I can't help being suspicious of these men too. 

And I'm not sure TMZ's report is reliable.  Like many other news outlets, TMZ in this report seems to be relying on certain anonymous sources.  Who knows if these "sources" are real or just living in the reporter's head?

Even if this check turns out to be useless, I think the Chicago authorities have plenty of other evidence to support the charges against Smollett.  If this matter does go to trial, it's going to be interesting indeed.

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 02:53:45 pm »
Let me see... you decide to fake a crime with yourself as victim, and pay a couple of knuckleheads to carry out the "attack".  You write them a check for their services. What are you going to put in the memo?  "Fake hate crime"?  "Attack"?  Nah, something innocuous that sounds like it could be worth the amount of the check.

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 07:46:16 pm »
Evidently Jussie was interested in a protein diet.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 12:40:20 pm »
I thought everyone knew that the tried-and-true cover for illicit payments was "speaking fees"?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 12:46:06 pm »
TMZ is trying to cover their butts.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 12:46:21 pm »
I thought everyone knew that the tried-and-true cover for illicit payments was "speaking fees"?
Originally, he probably thought maybe "bible-reading lessons" would work, but then thought that might be a little too obvious.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 10:42:43 pm »
Jussie Smollett's $3,500 check, texts to brothers before alleged attack obtained by ABC News

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jussie-smolletts-3500-check-texts-brothers-alleged-attack/story?id=61293323

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.