Roma
4 (19%)
Star Is Born
2 (9.5%)
Vice
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 26, 2019, 01:55:31 pm

Author Topic: Which movie do you think will win best picture in the 2019 Oscars? (Guests allowed)  (Read 5498 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A report coming out of Hollywood this afternoon revealed that a 4-hour-long political lecture scheduled for Sunday will be disguised as an awards show in order to drum up interest.

"See, if we just asked people to tune in for four hours of virtue-signaling and political posturing, we'd have zero viewers," said one of the show's organizers. "If we want to keep the three or four viewers we still have left, we have to pretend the purpose of this ceremony is to hand out awards for excellent movies released in the last year."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 Green Book is the only thing on the list worthy of a vote IMHO.  Unfortunately, it won't get a look by the academy.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A report coming out of Hollywood this afternoon revealed that a 4-hour-long political lecture scheduled for Sunday will be disguised as an awards show in order to drum up interest.

"See, if we just asked people to tune in for four hours of virtue-signaling and political posturing, we'd have zero viewers," said one of the show's organizers. "If we want to keep the three or four viewers we still have left, we have to pretend the purpose of this ceremony is to hand out awards for excellent movies released in the last year."

I won't watch  the *awards*.....Victoria is on PBS on Sun night...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This year the movies seem to be over 50 percent black in some manner
Gay, trans-whatever, and all that LXYZ crap (I mean real actual ones, and not just people playing politics and virtue signaling) are well less than 10% of the population. And one estimate I read put it at less than 3%. And yet judging from American TV and Movies anyone would get the impression that they are the other 50 percent.

Hollywood has American demographics at 40% Black, 40% sexually confused, 10% White, and 10% assorted others.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I don't see it as a political lecture. It is more like "America's got Talent". Only instead of singing the contestants are competing with each other in a "Who Hates Donald Trump More?" contest.

Contestant 1: I hate Trump the most of anyone on Earth!
Contestant 2: I hate Trump more than that!
Contestant 3: No, I do!
Contestant 2: I would punch him in the nose!
Contestant 1: I would kill his dog!
Contestant 4: F**K Trump!
All: Yea! F**K him and all his supporters!
(and on and on like that for hours)
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't see it as a political lecture. It is more like "America's got Talent". Only instead of singing the contestants are competing with each other in a "Who Hates Donald Trump More?" contest.

Contestant 1: I hate Trump the most of anyone on Earth!
Contestant 2: I hate Trump more than that!
Contestant 3: No, I do!
Contestant 2: I would punch him in the nose!
Contestant 1: I would kill his dog!
Contestant 4: F**K Trump!
All: Yea! F**K him and all his supporters!
(and on and on like that for hours)

The Oscars have been leftist political howling for decades prior to Trump being a "thing."  Think Marlon Brando.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Oscars have been leftist political howling for decades prior to Trump being a "thing."  Think Marlon Brando.
That's true. But now it has become vulgar and personal against Trump and his entire family, including children.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The best movie from 2018 wasn't even nominated: The Rider.  Roma is way overrated.  It has a lot of stunning cinematography, but not much in the way of characters, story or plot.  Star Is Born was maybe the worst of the four versions of that film, though it wasn't bad.  Definitely not big picture material, though.

The movies are in big trouble as the best entertainment being produced these days is television series and mini-series. 

Offline musiclady

Enjoyed them equally, except that the R.E.L. tiebreaker goes to Duvall over that left wing puke Sheen.

Agree. I always thought Sheen was odd casting for the role.

R.E.L was so tall and dignified and gentlemanly with class from head to toe, and Sheen is just a short stubby leftie. Weird choice.  Even for Hollywood.

I still liked the movie a lot though.  Longstreet I loved. Chamberlain too.

But the music was exquisite, wasn't it?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Marlon sent his Squaw to collect his Statuette is all I remember.  Liz Warren was her second.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

I don’t think anything can beat Black Panther.  If it doesn’t win, the outrage will be unreal.

I still need to see Bohemian Rhapsody.  It looks really good.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Just read an Oscars preview. Apparently Hollywood is planning a "Trump Bashing Spectacular!" much to the surprise of absolutely nobody.
It is going to be DU and DailyKos rolled into one pathetic 4 hour rant. I hear they hired @Oceander as an assistant producer.

Trump sucks...
Pence sucks...
Even though we lost the election, we won anyway with Mueller...
Trump this...and Trump that...
Did I mention, 'F**K Trump!'

Don't know who is watching this stuff, but more power to them if they can stand it. I won't be there.

Offline Applewood

Looks like the Oscars went all politically correct and diversity -- an appropriate number of minorities and "special" people won.   *****rollingeyes*****

Glad I didn't waste my time watching.

Online Wingnut

Looks like the Oscars went all politically correct and diversity -- an appropriate number of minorities and "special" people won.   *****rollingeyes*****

Glad I didn't waste my time watching.

I was right with you.  Didn't watch.

I wonder what the "overnights" for the show came in at.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Only thing that I heard about it was that some of them thought that the stage looked like Trump's hair?

Online Wingnut

HOLLYWOOD, CA—According to sources at the 91st annual Academy Awards ceremony this evening, the nation's wealthy, privileged elite gathered to lecture the nation on the horrendous evils of wealth and privilege.

The wealthiest 0.00001% of the nation arrived at the exclusive, walled-off, high-security event in limos and luxury cars driven by servants in order to spend a few hours telling the nation's poor and middle-class citizens how they need to throw off the yoke of oppression put on them by the wealthy elite.

"It's the white, privileged, wealth hoarders that are ruining America," said one white, privileged man whose net worth is estimated at $160 million. "All you people in the cheap seats at home: you need to do better."

"America is just a terrible nation with no opportunity," said one woman who made $100 million wearing costumes and reading words someone else wrote off a page. "We must stop the 1% from hoarding all the wealth." Upon being informed she was well within the 1%, she clarified that it was actually the 0.000001% who are the problem.

Unfortunately, it looks like the event will proceed as planned next year as well.

https://babylonbee.com/news/nations-wealthy-privileged-lecture-nation-on-evils-of-wealth-privilege?fbclid=IwAR3uJ0o0nNrxvIzE4rPNcGNf6YmnXuo7RvgNZ45QRy-6vkmvXxE-q4MTee4

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My wife and I saw "Green Book" at the theater last Thursday night.

We both liked it a lot.

But the continuous Trump hate, coupled with "very thing black in the movies, has gone too far for me.

This morning's designated outrage, is a 3 year delayed claim that Trump kissed a black woman (then) supporter on the corner of her pretty mouth.

She was so outraged that she attended the inagural ball, and applied for jobs.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien