Author Topic: Statue vandals seem to have mistaken WWII hero for Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee  (Read 459 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You can't fix stupid this bad.

andals in North Carolina may be in need of a history lesson after having set fire to a statue honoring a World War II hero they apparently mistook for a Confederate general, officials said earlier this week.

A white marble monument of U.S. Army Maj. Gen. William C. Lee, who commanded the 101st Airborne Division's "Screaming Eagles" during World War II, was doused with flammable liquid and set on fire last week, museum officials said. The statue bears black scorch marks running up its left side.

The suspects seem to have confused Lee with Gen. Robert E. Lee, who led the Confederate army during the Civil War some 80 years earlier, officials said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/confederate-monument-vandals-mistake-statue-of-wwii-hero-for-confederate-general-officials-say
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If history was their strong suit, they'd lose their raison d'etre anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I doubt they care. With the Left/Democrats/Antifa it is all about destruction of anything/everything. The reason doesn't matter to them.
The goal is to tear down the fabric and history of America. If this vandalism moves that goal forward, then they are happy with it no matter who or what the statue was about.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.