Author Topic: Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee regrets wearing Confederate uniform in college  (Read 799 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why Apologize?  Own it and fight back over this BS.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee was 17 when he joined the Kappa Alpha fraternity at Auburn University, which every spring held an "Old South" party where he and other members dressed in Confederate uniforms.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/tennessee-gov-bill-lee-regrets-wearing-confederate-uniform-college-n974421
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee regrets wearing Confederate uniform in college
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 06:37:00 pm »
Why Apologize?  Own it and fight back over this BS.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee was 17 when he joined the Kappa Alpha fraternity at Auburn University, which every spring held an "Old South" party where he and other members dressed in Confederate uniforms.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/tennessee-gov-bill-lee-regrets-wearing-confederate-uniform-college-n974421

I remember those parades very well, one of the most fun weeks at Auburn. Shame they bowed down to PC pressure to stop them.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 10:55:10 pm »
No need to apologize, governor. You should have manned up.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 11:07:35 pm »
No need to apologize, governor. You should have manned up.

Impossible!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 11:49:17 pm »
Easy picking for the SJW bastards.  Everyone southern school in my era and part of the country had a KA frat that wore the uniform.

F these SOB's.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 05:07:54 am »
Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee regrets wearing Confederate uniform in college

Does he also regret joining KA?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 05:11:13 am »
I remember those parades very well, one of the most fun weeks at Auburn. Shame they bowed down to PC pressure to stop them.

The thing I remember most about Auburn is Harry's.  They finally tore that place down.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 12:55:30 am »
What a wimp.
And with a name like "Lee", to boot.

Governor, quit bein' a loser, and stand tall like that other "Lee" did.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 03:26:28 am »
Perhaps he feels like he has changed since 1980.  I can't remember all the things I did in the last 35 years that I should be embarrassed about but I remember some of them, and I am grateful I don't have explain them all.

If the TN Gov is willing to apologize, I'm willing to accept it. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 03:50:12 am »
Apologize FOR WHAT?