Author Topic: CNN’s Don Lemon Asks Gladys Knight If Singing National Anthem at the Super Bowl Will Hurt Her Caree  (Read 626 times)

rangerrebew

CNN’s Don Lemon Asks Gladys Knight If Singing National Anthem at the Super Bowl Will Hurt Her Career
by Accuracy In Media on February 6, 2019

This year, soul music legend and Atlanta native Gladys Knight sang the national anthem at the Super Bowl. After her performance, CNN anchor Don Lemon wanted to know if she thought doing so would negatively impact her career.

“For me, it’s just for me about respect,” Knight said. “I’m just hoping it will be about our country and how we treat each other and being the great country that we are.”

Mark Geragos, the attorney for former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, accused performers of “crossing an intellectual picket line” to perform at Sunday’s game and “caring more about [their] career” than about doing what is right.

https://www.aim.org/on-target-blog/cnns-don-lemon-asks-gladys-knight-if-singing-national-anthem-at-the-super-bowl-will-hurt-her-career/

rangerrebew

Her career won't be hurt unless SFBs (Sh*t For Brains) such as he don't make it a big deal.  I didn't even know who sang the anthem, or even had one for that matter (it may be too "offensive"), as I have stopped watching the super bowl of commercials. :tongue2:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:42:21 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Applewood

For me, it’s just for me about respect,” Knight said. “I’m just hoping it will be about our country and how we treat each other and being the great country that we are.

In other words, Don, F*** off. 

Ms. Knight has had a long and successful career.  She made something of herself, turned her God-given talent into something positive and profitable.  She has used the opportunities this country gave her to make herself a success.  Respecting her country is nothing to apologize for or to be ashamed of. 

Offline dfwgator

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Only an ass hat like lemon would even think something like that.

It was beautiful. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

More and more I wish stupid burned.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Seriously?

Who does he think she is,some new black chick frum de hood?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!