Author Topic: The Spending Bill Won't Solve the Border Crisis — It Will Make It Worse  (Read 289 times)

rangerrebew

The Spending Bill Won't Solve the Border Crisis — It Will Make It Worse

By Jessica M. Vaughan on February 15, 2019

Last night, Congress overwhelmingly passed a spending bill to keep the government open, which President Trump signed today. We should all be disturbed at the number and nature of problematic provisions in the bill that will only make the border crisis even worse. Unfortunately, that is what happens when congressional negotiators allow their fellow lawmakers and the president just one day to read a 1,160-page bill that was drafted behind closed doors, probably in order to hide such provisions.

As I told Breitbart yesterday:

I think it makes things worse. I was prepared to grudgingly accept it based on the summaries of it that were distributed on Monday and Tuesday, but we all kept saying, "We really have to read it first," but nobody had time to read it. ... As it turns out — surprise — there are a lot of landmines in this bill. It is too big to be passing in such a rush. It's not necessary.

https://cis.org/Vaughan/Spending-Bill-Wont-Solve-Border-Crisis-It-Will-Make-It-Worse
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 03:54:31 pm by rangerrebew »