Author Topic: 3 Recent Libel Suit Outcomes  (Read 346 times)

rangerrebew

3 Recent Libel Suit Outcomes
« on: February 22, 2019, 03:24:01 pm »
3 Recent Libel Suit Outcomes

Fred Lucas  February 21, 2019 / 34 Comments

Kentucky teenager Nick Sandmann’s lawsuit against The Washington Post
over its depiction of him and Covington Catholic High School is still fresh, but recent libel cases might offer guidance as to how this case might end.

Litigants have done quite well in recent high-profile libel cases, notwithstanding the high legal bar set in place by a 1964 Supreme Court ruling in New York Times v. Sullivan that requires proof of actual malice or reckless disregard of the truth if a public figure is suing.

A public figure is generally defined as a politician or government official or a celebrity who is consistently in the media. The legal bar is lower for a private individual to win a defamation case.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/02/21/3-recent-libel-suit-outcomes/

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 3 Recent Libel Suit Outcomes
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 02:24:30 am »
From the article:
First example:
"The magazine appealed the ruling and in April 2017, the two parties settled the case out of court for an undisclosed amount."

Second example:
"The two parties settled the case in 2015, before it went to trial, for an undisclosed amount."

Third example:
"The settlement was reached several days into the trial."

Folks, do you see the pattern here?

As I've predicted in other threads, the Sandmann suit against the Washington Post will be settled out-of-court, with terms and payments NOT to be disclosed. But I reckon young Master Sandmann will walk away with between $1-3 million in his pockets after his lawyers are paid -- enough to fund his way completely through college and have plenty left over to invest and get into his twenties with.

That stupid "Indian" was a once-in-a-lifetime gift.
He would be very wise to "take the money and run..."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: 3 Recent Libel Suit Outcomes
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 04:24:39 am »
From the article:
First example:
"The magazine appealed the ruling and in April 2017, the two parties settled the case out of court for an undisclosed amount."

Second example:
"The two parties settled the case in 2015, before it went to trial, for an undisclosed amount."

Third example:
"The settlement was reached several days into the trial."

Folks, do you see the pattern here?

As I've predicted in other threads, the Sandmann suit against the Washington Post will be settled out-of-court, with terms and payments NOT to be disclosed. But I reckon young Master Sandmann will walk away with between $1-3 million in his pockets after his lawyers are paid -- enough to fund his way completely through college and have plenty left over to invest and get into his twenties with.

That stupid "Indian" was a once-in-a-lifetime gift.
He would be very wise to "take the money and run..."

That's assuming he's only in it for the money.  I have no idea.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: