Author Topic: Steve King says he will run again in 2020: 'I have nothing to apologize for'  (Read 558 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Steve King says he will run again in 2020: 'I have nothing to apologize for'
By Avery Anapol - 02/22/19 09:15 AM EST

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), on Thursday said that he is seeking reelection despite widespread outrage over comments he made about white supremacy.

In an interview on Iowa Public Television, the lawmaker said he plans to seek a 10th term in Congress, and blamed “cyber bullying” and “dishonest” reporting for the backlash to his comments.

“I have nothing to apologize for,” he said. “Each thing starts out with some formerly credible organization that launches this and then we have this phenomenon that America is not ready for, and that’s this cyber bullying that unleashes, that’s there creating a firestorm.”

King went on to say he agrees with President Trump’s criticism of the New York Times as “dishonest.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/431109-steve-king-says-he-will-run-again-in-2020-i-have-nothing-to-apologize-for
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Good and I hope he gets re-elected.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Good and I hope he gets re-elected.

Me too.   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

Me too.   
That makes at least three of us.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I'd vote for him if I lived in his district.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline aligncare

His not backing down for speaking the truth is a good enough reason to vote for him.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Good on ya, Mr. King.
You'd have my vote.

Offline dfwgator

Give 'Em Hell, Steve!