Author Topic: Liberals See Truth as Subservient to Doctrine, Feelings  (Read 497 times)

rangerrebew

Liberals See Truth as Subservient to Doctrine, Feelings
« on: February 22, 2019, 01:32:45 pm »
Liberals See Truth as Subservient to Doctrine, Feelings

Dennis Prager February 19, 2019

Do leftists believe global warming will destroy the world as we know it in 12 years, as recently suggested by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y.? I don't know. They seem to talk themselves into believing their hysterias. (Photo:

Truth is not a left-wing value.

I first discovered this as a graduate student studying the Soviet Union and left-wing ideologies at the Russian Institute of Columbia University School of International Affairs. Everything I have learned since has confirmed this view.

Individuals on both the left and right lie. Individuals on both the left and right tell the truth. And liberalism, unlike leftism, does value truth. But the further left one goes, the more one enters the world of the lie.

Why does the left lie?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/02/19/liberals-see-truth-as-subservient-to-doctrine-feelings/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CapitolBell%22&
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 01:33:44 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Liberals See Truth as Subservient to Doctrine, Feelings
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 01:34:59 pm »
This is what is called taqiyya in Islam. :thumbsdown:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 01:46:14 pm »
"The issue is never the issue, the issue is always The Revolution."

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 01:46:24 pm »
Well, AOC admitted she would rather be morally right than factually correct
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 03:19:33 pm »
When I was younger many moons ago I remember hearing the phrase "the end justifies the means" referring to communism/leftism.
It's true for today as well.  A number of leftists of different persuasions have publicly uttered that they don't care if innocent people go to prison for the cause.
I'll bet there were plenty of leftists who would have been more than happy to see innocent people go to prison in the fake Jussie Smollett incident to keep the narrative going.
A number of these people have said Smollett's fake hate crime detracts from all the real hate crimes against blacks and homosexuals going on. 
The facts are most "hate" crimes are committed by people who look like Smollett. 
Recently there have been a series of attacks on orthodox Jews in NYC by blacks.  These incidents of real attacks have been studiously ignored by the national media.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 02:27:29 am »
Liberals/democrat-communists:
"Some men see things as they are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were, and ask why not."

Fishrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 02:30:25 am »
Goat wrote:
"When I was younger many moons ago I remember hearing the phrase "the end justifies the means" referring to communism/leftism.
It's true for today as well."

The end may not always justify the means.

But sometimes, in some cases, it must.

It's called "the survival instinct".