Author Topic: Smollett meets with ‘Empire’ cast and crew, insists he's innocent: report  (Read 422 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Smollett meets with ‘Empire’ cast and crew, insists he's innocent: report
The Hill, Feb 22, 2019, Tad Axelrod

“Empire” star Jussie Smollett met with the show’s cast and crew Thursday night to apologize about any embarrassment he may have caused after the Chicago Police Department accused him of staging an assault in order to boost his career.

The actor, however, maintained that he was innocent in the affair, blaming the legal system and the media for his struggles, according to a person at the meeting who told CNN they were shocked and dismayed.

[...]

While Fox, which airs “Empire,” initially stood by Smollett as suspicions about his story started to come to the surface, it said it is considering its options about the actor’s return to the show following his arrest.

“We understand the seriousness of this matter and we respect the legal process,” 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment said in a Thursday statement to The Hill.

“We are evaluating the situation and we are considering our options.”

The show is filming its season finale this week and next week. A Fox executive told CNN Smollett was on set on Thursday but is “on hold” for Friday’s shoot.

More:  https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/431092-smollett-meets-with-empire-cast-and-crew-insists-hes-innocent

Offline verga

Season finale, perfect chance to kill off his character. Do the whole "Who killed Jamal?" story line. Yeah I had to look up the name of his charecter.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When the accused is a protected class and anti-Trump we hear:
“We understand the seriousness of this matter and we respect the legal process,”

When the accused is white pro Trump we hear:
It is the seriousness of the accusation that demands he resign immediately and they be an FB1 DOJ investigation to find him/her guilty.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

In light of these comments I think there's a new role for Jussie coming up. Maybe he can do filming on furloughs from his prison gig.

Offline LMAO

He’s going to maintain his version of what happened to the very end because he’s got a lot to lose.  He’ll keep doing it regardless of the fact that everybody else around him knows it’s not true.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.