Author Topic: Alabama is already waving goodbye to its 'fluke' senator Doug Jones  (Read 1028 times)

Offline corbe

Alabama is already waving goodbye to its 'fluke' senator Doug Jones

by Susan Ferrechio

February 22, 2019 12:03 AM

It doesn’t really matter which Republican candidate takes on Democratic Sen. Doug Jones in November 2020, as long as is isn’t Roy Moore.

If the GOP can avoid a candidate with the kind of baggage Moore had, Jones seems destined to lose his bid to win a full term representing Alabama in the Senate. Jones is the most vulnerable Senate Democrat facing re-election in 2020, and most think he's as good as gone.

“I don’t think Jones has much chance at all of holding on to his seat next year,” political analyst Stuart Rothenberg recently wrote. “Simply put, his special election was a fluke not likely to be repeated.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/alabama-is-already-waving-goodbye-to-its-fluke-senator-doug-jones
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Alabama is already waving goodbye to its 'fluke' senator Doug Jones
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 12:50:52 pm »
It's the same phenomenon you saw with Joe Donnelly and Claire McCaskill: when you win because you portray the other guy as Satan incarnate, you lose the next time around when the next guy who isn't Satan incarnate shows up.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alabama is already waving goodbye to its 'fluke' Sen. Doug Jones
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 03:07:43 pm »
Alabama is already waving goodbye to its 'fluke' Sen. Doug Jones
by Susan Ferrechio
 | February 22, 2019 12:03 AM

It doesn’t really matter which Republican candidate takes on Democratic Sen. Doug Jones in November 2020, as long as is isn’t Roy Moore.

If the GOP can avoid a candidate with the kind of baggage Moore had, Jones seems destined to lose his bid to win a full term representing Alabama in the Senate. Jones is the most vulnerable Senate Democrat facing re-election in 2020, and most think he's as good as gone.

“I don’t think Jones has much chance at all of holding on to his seat next year,” political analyst Stuart Rothenberg recently wrote. “Simply put, his special election was a fluke not likely to be repeated.”

The real fight will be among the Republican candidates who will soon battle over the chance to face off against Jones on the general election ballot. Rep. Bradley Byrne, who has represented the state’s 1st Congressional District since 2013, formally entered the race on Wednesday, and others Republicans are expected to jump in ahead of the March 2020 primary.

The party is eager to reclaim the seat.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/alabama-is-already-waving-goodbye-to-its-fluke-senator-doug-jones
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Alabama is already waving goodbye to its 'fluke' Sen. Doug Jones
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 06:29:21 pm »
If the GOP can avoid a candidate with the kind of baggage Moore had,

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't it turn out that the "baggage" Judge Moore allegedly had was fabricated by a couple of former Obama staff members?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 06:33:23 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't it turn out that the "baggage" Judge Moore allegedly had was fabricated by a couple of former Obama staff members?

Completely fabricated baggage! The REAL problem is that the establishment in Washington greatly feared Roy Moore.

Everything will be fine as long as we allow the Washinton elites to tell us who we can have as our representatives in Washington!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:35:27 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 06:39:20 pm »
Kiss my butt you RINOs at Washington Examiner. I hope Roy wipes the field and takes that seat. Though Palmer is a good choice, with a voting record about as conservative as anyone can expect...

Liberty Score for Palmer is 86 (highest in the state among our Congresscritters)...

Roy would be 100% Liberty ....
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:59:12 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 09:45:20 pm »
This was a seat that should have been solid GOP forever. I’m not going to rehash the Roy Moore battle. But this seat can and should be easy to flip back
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 10:10:32 pm »
Completely fabricated baggage! The REAL problem is that the establishment in Washington greatly feared Roy Moore.

Everything will be fine as long as we allow the Washinton elites to tell us who we can have as our representatives in Washington!
I believe you are right. They saw a guy who had twice lost his job over matters of principle (the 10 commandments being the basis for much of Western law, he refused to take the monument down, and he refused to go against the Alabama Constitution and have his judges issue licenses for same sex marriages).

To them, he would be a loose cannon on a weather deck, but even worse for the 'elites', if he found some stuff going on, he'd blow the whistle on it, as a matter of principle. The GOP couldn't drop support for him fast enough, almost before the allegations were made, but especially after he wouldn't quit so they could get their boy in the running.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 02:55:11 am »
Has Mr. Moore made any noise about running again?

If he does, I wonder what his chances would be of winning the Republican primary there?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 03:04:44 am »
Has Mr. Moore made any noise about running again?

If he does, I wonder what his chances would be of winning the Republican primary there?
I'd bet he'd face round two of the BS he faced last time. Even after the scam was exposed from last time, I think some stigma would remain with the average voter unless his detractors faced some high profile charges.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 03:10:17 am »
This was a seat that should have been solid GOP forever. I’m not going to rehash the Roy Moore battle. But this seat can and should be easy to flip back

The time to fight Moore was during the nomination process, but once he got it, people needed to get behind him, because in the end, all that matters is how he votes.   And we sure could have used that vote a few times.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 06:39:22 pm »
I saw where Bradley Byrne is running for Dougie's seat.   The guy looks qualified. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 07:07:47 pm »
Do you think Mo Brooks might try it again?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 07:15:13 pm »
Jeff Sessions is not currently occupied with the affairs of State.  Maybe he'll run....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.