Author Topic: North Carolina board calls for new election in contested House race  (Read 245 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
North Carolina board calls for new election in contested House race
By Max Greenwood - 02/21/19 04:06 PM EST

The North Carolina State Board of Elections voted unanimously Thursday to call a new election in the state’s 9th Congressional District after days of hearing evidence of alleged ballot fraud.

The decision came after Republican Mark Harris, one of the candidates in the race, expressed support for a new election, saying that allegations of a ballot-tampering scheme marred the current results.

Harris's request for a new election was a stunning reversal for the Republican House candidate.

Initial results showed Harris leading Democrat Dan McCready by 905 votes. But state election officials refused to the certify the Republican hopeful as the winner after they received accounts of a ballot-harvesting operation.

“I believe a new election should be called,” Harris said Thursday. “It’s become clear to me that public confidence in the 9th District has been undermined to an extent that a new election is warranted.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/431023-north-carolina-elections-board-calls-new-election-in-contested-house-race
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: North Carolina board calls for new election in contested House race
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 12:50:16 am »
This is the right decision, when I heard this yesterday, it was the rare occasion where it looks like the Republican did the shady business vs. the Democrat.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: North Carolina board calls for new election in contested House race
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 01:46:38 am »
How come there are only calls for "new elections" when the voting irregularities come from the REPUBLICAN side...?