Author Topic: The Smollett Family Business: Acting and Activism  (Read 417 times)

Offline mrclose

The Smollett Family Business: Acting and Activism
« on: February 21, 2019, 09:08:34 pm »

You think that this may be a reason that 'Jussie' has a problem with "White America?"

You think that at least One "Journalist" would have looked into the family's background?

Yeah, I know, it didn't fit the narrative!

The Smolletts have also been outspoken politically and, since their school years, devoted to causes like H.I.V./AIDS prevention and ending apartheid. They were raised in the orbit of the Black Panthers and, lately, have lent their voices to the Black Lives Matter movement.
Their trajectory, from child stars to successful adults, is born of their family and its history of activism.

“Their sense of justice is very strong, and it permeates everything that they do,” said Alfre Woodard, who has known Jussie and Jurnee since they were children; they worked with her at the nonprofit Artists for a New South Africa.

My mom was in the movement with Bobby Seale and Huey Newton, and one of her first mentors was Julian Bond,” Mr. Smollett said of the Black Panther founders and the civil rights leader. “To this day, Angela Davis is one of her dearest friends. We’ve spent Mother’s Day with Angela.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/arts/television/the-smollett-family-business-acting-and-activism.html
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline verga

Re: The Smollett Family Business: Acting and Activism
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 01:43:46 pm »
So he is a second generation whiner.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.