Author Topic: Controversial Catholic cardinals blame child abuse on the 'plague of the homosexual agenda'  (Read 606 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Minimizing the crimes of pedophiles by blaming it on homosexuality.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-21/cardinals-link-clerical-child-sex-abuse-to-homosexual-agenda/10831922

Two conservative cardinals have linked a "homosexual agenda" to crimes against children ahead of a major Vatican summit on the prevention of sexual abuse.

Key points:
The letter says the "horrible crime" of child abuse is "only part of a much greater crisis"
The Brisbane Archbishop rejects the letter, saying the problem lies in abuse of power
The Vatican is holding a summit on the prevention of child sexual abuse

In an open letter American Cardinal Raymond Burke and German Cardinal Walter Brandmuller argued the abuse of children in Catholic institutions was not solely caused by an abuse of power by clergy but was "part of a much greater crisis".

"The plague of the homosexual agenda has been spread within the church, promoted by organised networks and protected by a climate of complicity and a conspiracy of silence," they wrote.

Both cardinals are outspoken critics of Pope Francis and belong to a traditionalist wing of the Church that includes many that believe homosexuality is the main cause of clerical abuse.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:48:49 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Applewood

The assaulted kids are not all boys, so it's not just homosexuality.  All kinds of perversions are being promoted as normal and natural.  Pedophilia is just one of them. 

And I don't think allowing priests to marry will fix things.

Offline kidd

My 60 y/o brother in law is a big leader in the Order of the Holy Cross.

His seminarian graduating class had 8 priests. He is the last one that is still a priest; something like 6 of  the others left to "marry" or live with other men.
My brother in law is not gay, but he is a Level 9 uber-liberal. Very personable and does a great job of raising money for charity and the Holy Cross. But he cannot even mention the name "Trump" and he politicizes everything.

I have an 84 y/o uncle who is a conservative (straight) priest in the Buffalo, NY archdiocese. He is deeply upset about how the local bishops have handled the pedophiles.

It is very much a homosexual issue. It is also very much a leadership issue.

Offline Absalom

The assaulted kids are not all boys, so it's not just homosexuality.  All kinds of perversions are being promoted as normal and natural.  Pedophilia is just one of them. 

----------------------------------
The attitude driving this behavior is permissiveness toward homosexuality, a
violation of the Natural Law, that no culture/society can allow and expect to survive.
As for the Catholic Clergy, married Priests existed from the Apostles till the
Great Schism in 1054.
Celibacy has been the norm in the Latin Rite while married priests are the
norm in the Eastern Rite.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 09:36:36 pm by Absalom »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

There will never be a "fix," but I do believe that the "vow of celibacy" draws non-heterosexuals of all sorts more than it does straight men, and eliminating that stipulation will allow more, for lack of a better word, "normally" sexually oriented people into the system to outnumber the others.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

There will never be a "fix," but I do believe that the "vow of celibacy" draws non-heterosexuals of all sorts more than it does straight men, and eliminating that stipulation will allow more, for lack of a better word, "normally" sexually oriented people into the system to outnumber the others.
You are fixing the wrong problem. A normal heterosexual doesn't just up and decide to prey on children--male or female. Pedophiles, especially homosexual pedophiles, are the ones causing the trouble, and while such in the general lay population may take on a wife as a beard, that does not alter their nature, nor their proclivities. Molesters remain molesters despite being surrounded by eligible adult women.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis