Author Topic: What Elizabeth Warren is promising in her ‘Universal Child Care’ plan — and how she’ll fund it  (Read 373 times)

Offline libertybele

Something tells me that she would pay for 'Universal Health Care' the same way.

What Elizabeth Warren is promising in her ‘Universal Child Care’ plan — and how she’ll fund it

Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren has rolled out a plan that promises to make child care more affordable, as she aims to address a major pocketbook issue for parents.

The Massachusetts senator’s Universal Child Care and Early Learning program would provide free child care to families whose earnings are below two times the federal poverty level, according to her blog post on Medium.com.

The federal poverty level ranges from an annual income of about $21,000 for a family of three to about $35,000 for a family of six.

For families earning more than two times the federal poverty line, Warren’s plan would cap the cost of child care at no more than 7% of that family’s income, she said..............

................When it comes to how her plan would get funded, Warren said her so-called ultra-millionaire tax would cover all costs. That levy, which she proposed last month, would amount to a new 2% fee on U.S. households with net worth greater than $50 million, and it rises to 3% for net worth greater than $1 billion. Her economists project the tax would raise $2.75 trillion over a decade and hit less than the top 0.1% of household...........

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-elizabeth-warren-is-promising-in-her-universal-child-care-plan-and-how-shell-fund-it-2019-02-19
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Atlas Shrugged should be required reading for all American citizens, especially Congress.

Offline LMAO

Atlas Shrugged should be required reading for all American citizens, especially Congress.

Atlas Shrugged emphasizes human nature and how that plays in economics. Anyone can propose all the grand schemes they want but forcing others into them is another

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy