Author Topic: Meghan McCain Slams Dem 2020 Hopeful Tulsi Gabbard as ‘Assad Apologist’  (Read 312 times)

rangerrebew

Meghan McCain Slams Dem 2020 Hopeful Tulsi Gabbard as ‘Assad Apologist’
By Kristine Marsh | February 20, 2019 3:11 PM EST

Several Democrats running in 2020 for president have visited ABC’s The View for largely friendly interviews that still somehow manage to be more even-handed than what they experience on actual news programs. However on Wednesday’s show, Democrat Rep. Tulsi Gabbard from Hawaii surprisingly faced tough questions from hosts Meghan McCain and Ana Navarro about her position against U.S. intervention in Syria and Venezuela.

After facing some neutral questions from co-hosts Joy Behar and Sunny Hostin, Meghan McCain stepped in to grill the Democrat for secretly visiting Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad in 2017, calling her an “Assad apologist:”

“When I hear the name Tulsi Gabbard, I think of Assad apologist, I think of someone who comes back to the United States and is spouting propaganda from Syria. You have said that the Syrian president, Assad, is not the enemy of the United States, yet he's used chemical weapons against his own people 300 times,” she began.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2019/02/20/meghan-mccain-slams-dem-2020-hopeful-tulsi-gabbard-assad