Author Topic: Will The Empire Actor Actually KEEP His Job?  (Read 1531 times)

rangerrebew

Will The Empire Actor Actually KEEP His Job?
« on: February 21, 2019, 03:15:06 pm »

Will The Empire Actor Actually KEEP His Job?

This feels like a slap to the face. Remember Roseanne had her entire show taken away from her for just a tweet.

Fox Broadcasting Company, the network that airs the hit drama Empire, will keep actor Jussie Smollett on as a series regular in wake of reports he staged an attack on himself in Chicago last month, according to a TMZ report.

TMZ reports:

https://preservefreedom.org/will-the-empire-actor-actually-keep-his-job/

Offline goatprairie

Re: Will The Empire Actor Actually KEEP His Job?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 11:58:03 pm »
Obviously, he should be fired. Barr, wrongly, lost her job just because of an inane tweet about someone's looks. Smollett committed a number of real crimes.  But he'll get to keep his job in a reduced role.  9999hair out0000

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 12:05:36 am »
Jussie Smollett Returns to ‘Empire’ Set As Fox Struggles to Decide His Fate

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/jussie-smollett-empire-return-1203145473/

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 07:08:54 am »
Again, and again and again we see these Leftist Clowns breaking the Law/s whoring for Attention because 'They're' Special - IE: believe in Social Justice over riding Equal Protection of The Laws.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 07:17:46 am »
Obviously, he should be fired. Barr, wrongly, lost her job just because of an inane tweet about someone's looks. Smollett committed a number of real crimes.  But he'll get to keep his job in a reduced role.  9999hair out0000
It ain't what you know, it's who you..... 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 07:40:59 am »
It ain't what you know, it's who you..... 888mouth

Watch old youtube of Freddie Mercury with Queen.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 07:42:19 am »
Watch old youtube of Freddie Mercury with Queen.
No thanks... **nononono*  I draw the line at listening to them when they come on...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 02:30:34 pm »
So they allow filming in jail cells?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 02:41:55 pm »
According to a news article on Twitter, Smollett is back on the Empire set this morning.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 02:52:47 pm »
According to a news article on Twitter, Smollett is back on the Empire set this morning.

That be the case The heads at Fox entertainment are a bunch of chicken poop cowards.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 03:06:57 pm »

That's despicable.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 05:28:45 pm »
That be the case The heads at Fox entertainment are a bunch of chicken poop cowards.

@TheGhost
@musiclady

Now I see reports that he’s been written out of the last two episodes of the season, so I don’t know what to believe.

Either way, they’re not going to fire him.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 05:43:45 pm »
@TheGhost
@musiclady

Now I see reports that he’s been written out of the last two episodes of the season, so I don’t know what to believe.

Either way, they’re not going to fire him.

I saw that too.  And that he "apologized" to the cast, but still claims he's innocent.   :shrug:

I truly hope they throw the book at this idiot.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2019, 03:05:00 pm »
I saw that too.  And that he "apologized" to the cast, but still claims he's innocent.   :shrug:

I truly hope they throw the book at this idiot.
This is not idiocy as much as being evil.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2019, 03:06:14 pm »
He'll go to rehab, and then come back and all will be forgiven.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2019, 03:17:30 pm »
Why not? We now know that wearing blackface, a clan hood or committing sexual assault aren't fireable offenses IF you've got your political head right.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2019, 03:33:15 pm »
This is not idiocy as much as being evil.

You can be both evil and an idiot.

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2019, 03:53:32 pm »
You can be both evil and an idiot.
Evil is far, far worse.

Why even compare the two?

Like saying you kill someone and also did not graduate from high school.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 04:20:19 pm »
Evil is far, far worse.

Why even compare the two?

Like saying you kill someone and also did not graduate from high school.

What an odd thing to pick a fight about.  :shrug:

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2019, 04:31:15 pm »
What an odd thing to pick a fight about.  :shrug:
Yes, I agree with you. 

Evil is the topic of conversation, not idiocy.

You do understand the difference, don't you?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2019, 04:47:19 pm »
Just more living breathing proof of the double standard applied toward those on the left and right.

Another recent example?  If the governor of VA would have been in the GOP, you think he'd still be there?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2019, 04:57:29 pm »
Yes, I agree with you. 

Evil is the topic of conversation, not idiocy.

You do understand the difference, don't you?

If you knew one single thing about me you'd never ask that question. 

If you have read even two or three of my posts, you'd already know.

Find someone else to fight with.  I'm not interested.

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2019, 07:57:12 pm »
If you knew one single thing about me you'd never ask that question. 

If you have read even two or three of my posts, you'd already know.

Find someone else to fight with.  I'm not interested.
A non answer.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2019, 08:16:59 pm »
A non answer.

Quite deliberate, I assure you.

Ask real questions and you'll get all the answers you wish.  Ask dumb ones and you'll get non answers.