Author Topic: Snopes Fact Checks Babylon Bee’s Story About CNN Offering Jussie Smollett a Job  (Read 241 times)

rangerrebew

Snopes Fact Checks Babylon Bee’s Story About CNN Offering Jussie Smollett a Job

Posted by Kemberlee Kaye      Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 5:00pm

“The network, according to the Babylon Bee, was reportedly impressed with Smollett’s ability to fabricate a story out of thin air”

I’m so old, I remember when Snopes was a reliable fact-checker. I suppose their latest is not technically unreliable, even it if it is hilariously unnecessary.

The Babylon Bee is a well-known satire site and yet, Snopes fact-checked one of their recent posts. They may as well fact check The Onion.

In any case, The Babylon Bee poked fun at both CNN and Jussie Smollett (the actor recently embroiled in an alleged hate crime hoax) in a satirical piece suggesting CNN offered Smollett a job.

Though Snopes acknowledged the Bee is a satire site, they fact-checked anyway:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/02/snopes-fact-checks-babylon-bees-story-about-cnn-offering-jussie-smollett-a-job/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Fact checking a satire site proves the left has no sense of humor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: