Author Topic: Coast Guard lieutenant, dubbed 'domestic terrorist,' had hit list of media bigs and Dem lawmakers: p  (Read 3921 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

That's horrible. How many people did he kill?

@Restored

None, thank God.  That’s the point.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Victoria33

Well I can't beat that, @Victoria33 ... but I can recount a tale from when I was painting. One of the quality control guys from a mill where we often obtained wood products to paint always signed his name on the product in bright orange... 'Cecil B'... He was a favorite of ours, as his eye was very good for his work...
Needless to say, around the shop, he was nicknamed Cecil B da miller. 
@roamer_1

Thanks for your story.  Most people knew his name.  People always used his whole name, Cecil B. DeMille, not leaving out the "B" for some reason.  It flows easily off the tongue to keep the B. in there.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

@dfwgator
@mystery-ak
@QueenCatofAragon
@Freya
@Cyber Liberty
@Smokin Joe
@sneakypete

This story has nothing to do with this thread but it is about Cecil B. DeMille since you, dfwgator, brought up his name.  I met him and spent time with him.  How could this happen?

"His last and most famous film, The Ten Commandments (1956), also a Best Picture Academy Award nominee, is currently the seventh-highest-grossing film of all time, adjusted for inflation."

I was in my early 20s, and was the chaperone for a group of high school seniors at a hotel in Tyler, Texas.  I was wearing an evening gown as the female seniors were.  Four seniors, two girls, two boys, asked where the restrooms were. The bathrooms were on the mezzanine floor.  I went with them to show them where the bathrooms were.  There was a door to a room on that floor with a sign, "Cecil B. DeMille is here".

Before I could stop them, the boys knocked loudly on the door, and they ran, including the girls. There I was, alone, in front of the door, and DeMille opened the door.  I apologized for the students doing that, and he invited me in.

He had finished "The Ten Commandments" and was there to speak to a church the next morning. He talked to me about that movie and the main thing I remember is this:  He said, "When I make a movie about the Bible, I try to stay true to it. I want to tell the real story."  DeMille was a believer in God. Is there one like him in Hollywood now?

He asked me to come to the church the next morning, and I did.  I sat on the front pew, he acknowledged me by looking and smiling at me.  He spoke about his belief in God and making "The Ten Commandments".

Because of two boys knocking on a door, I met and talked with Cecil B. DeMille.

@Victoria33

I remember you telling me about this!  I love that movie, including Edward G. Robinson’s Brooklyn-Egyptian accent. 

It’s clear that DeMille had a reverence for the subject matter, unlike a lot of moviemakers today.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I realize these people exist but they aren't exactly major threat. We have people actually shooting up places because of their beliefs. They kill mass numbers of people for their beliefs.  But this clown fits the narrative so he will be front and center.
The Aryan Brotherhood actually kills people. Maybe we ought to focus on them. Except we won't because they don't fit the proper political profile.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline thackney

@thackney
Are you telling me you want some?

Naturally it depends on price, but that stuff never goes "on sale".

If you had any 44 special mixed in there, I'm interested in that as well.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I realize these people exist but they aren't exactly major threat. We have people actually shooting up places because of their beliefs. They kill mass numbers of people for their beliefs.  But this clown fits the narrative so he will be front and center.
The Aryan Brotherhood actually kills people. Maybe we ought to focus on them. Except we won't because they don't fit the proper political profile.

This is so. I don't think the Pittsburgh Synagogue shooter had any kind of a criminal record, I could be wrong. We see sting operations on potential Muslim terrorists. I remember the story too, I posted of some guy who in an internet chat room was trying to buy a weapon to do something like Dylan Roof (the Charleston Church shooter). One can say alright, some of these people are guilty of thought crime, that's true. But what if it is like the Pittsburgh shooter? What if he could have been stopped? I guess, that's a question on our freedom but the guy did have an internet trail. They even threw some other guy in jail over the Pittsburgh shooting. I'd have to look it up, he wasn't directly involved but he was an internet contact and they found something on him as well.

Offline roamer_1

Naturally it depends on price, but that stuff never goes "on sale".

If you had any 44 special mixed in there, I'm interested in that as well.

I will go dig it out... I would say off the top of my head the lion's share will be straight up Hornady .44 225g hollow points with the odd box of dum dums here and there (which I will give you)...

I will get back to you later on today

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
That's horrible. How many people did he kill?

As many as Cesar Sayoc.

Really....that’s the standard we’re using? In that case, this guy also killed as many people as James Hodgkinson. Thankfully, he didn’t get as far in his plans, because, otherwise, there’s only ideology separating them.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline thackney

I will go dig it out... I would say off the top of my head the lion's share will be straight up Hornady .44 225g hollow points with the odd box of dum dums here and there (which I will give you)...

I will get back to you later on today

No hurry at all.  I don't even have my 44 mag back from the flood storage yet.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Crazy??   IMO, there are hundreds of thousands of elderly in America who are thinking ...'it's a good thing I'm not 40 years younger'.

Cool. I’d love to see how Dr. Heidegger's Experiment plays out, IRL.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Restored

Both of them at the same time,or one,one day,the other one the next day?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Cool. I’d love to see how Dr. Heidegger's Experiment plays out, IRL.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Smokin Joe

Yeah,I know. That is why I identified him as an O-3

How many 49 year old US Army,USN,USMC,or USAF 0-3's have you seen?

@sneakypete he could have been a Mustang.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Totally agreed , @sneakypete

Maybe it was a joke out of place, but you've also got some going macho on their own weapons, ignoring this guy apparently idolized a mass murderer like Breivik, killing 70 children.   We'll see how this pans out. The guy is also tied to plans to make a bomb or something. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Not sure, why some points of the story take priority over others.
Tom, you have a true talent for missing a point. The point is that this guy was looking for WMDs, specifically a bioagent. I am sure it is easier and more of a grandstand play to line up and provide pictures of his small collection of firearms and paltry ammunition supply, but that was NOT the stated weapon of choice: his murderous intent (from the information given) wasn't focused on firearms nor mass shootings, but obtaining a weapon of mass destruction.

Back to popular media memes, which is what imagery is all about, Let's put this guy's quest in a singles ad:

Evil (white?) wacko (Military) Right-wing gun owner seeks germ for the end of the world.

Sure the guy is a nutcase, but despite his reading material he wasn't looking to shoot people. I AM glad they caught him and reined him in , but the optics are all on the guns, not the germs.

This suits the media and the Liberals just fine, because they aren't trying to outlaw the flu or ebola, just our guns.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete he could have been a Mustang.

@txradioguy

True,but most of the  NCO's I knew that got direct commissions were make 0-2 or 0-3 right at the jump. Then again,that was in combat arms units in the Army in the 1960's,not admin positions in the USCG in the last decade or so.

Wouldn't the USCG be more likely to promote a dweeb like him to a warrant officer rating instead of a troop leadership rating,though? This guy was never going to commander a cutter,so why bother?

Offline goatprairie

@Victoria33

I remember you telling me about this!  I love that movie, including Edward G. Robinson’s Brooklyn-Egyptian accent. 

It’s clear that DeMille had a reverence for the subject matter, unlike a lot of moviemakers today.
  "I love that movie, including Edward G. Robinson’s Brooklyn-Egyptian accent."

I love his dying words as God punished him for the false idol.
"Is this the end of Rico?"

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

True,but most of the  NCO's I knew that got direct commissions were make 0-2 or 0-3 right at the jump. Then again,that was in combat arms units in the Army in the 1960's,not admin positions in the USCG in the last decade or so.

Wouldn't the USCG be more likely to promote a dweeb like him to a warrant officer rating instead of a troop leadership rating,though? This guy was never going to commander a cutter,so why bother?

These days you start at O-1...no matter how long you've been in before you get your frontal lobotomy in OCS.

They very rarely give out Warrant rank to the Puddle Pirates these days from what I understand...same with the Navy.  And it's in very specific rates that they are allowed to do it and it can be rescinded.

The Army is the only branch left these days that has an active and sizeable Warrant Branch.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
These days you start at O-1...no matter how long you've been in before you get your frontal lobotomy in OCS.

I knew several NCO's who were given battlefield commissions after taking over command of rifle companies during combat operations,and defeating the enemy. I never saw a single one that was made 0-1. They were all made 0-2 or 0-3. After all,if you have taken over control of a rifle company in combat with the enemy because everyone senior to you has been killed,and you then go on to lead them in combat and defeat the enemy,there really ain't a hell of a lot that OCS can teach you. One,a former company commander of mine when he was an O-5 was a 19 year old Master Sgt working as an infantry company 1st Sgt in Korea when he won a Medal of Honor and a direct commission as an infantry branch officer. His name was Ola Mize if you want to look him up. One of the softest spoken and nicest people you could ever hope to meet as long as you don't start bayoneting his wounded.

They very rarely give out Warrant rank to the Puddle Pirates these days from what I understand...same with the Navy.  And it's in very specific rates that they are allowed to do it and it can be rescinded.

I don't know much about the Navy,but I would guess they have Warrant officers in the Seabees?

The Army is the only branch left these days that has an active and sizeable Warrant Branch.

Well,they have all those helicopters,and the USAF almost stroked out when the Pentagram gave the army their own aviation unit,and insisted the Army pilots not be officers and gentlemen.

The end result is today the army has a LOT of warrant officer pilots.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

But take over the world?
Hold my beer, Pinky!

No hero, just a nutcase or a patsy.

Pinky and the brain! Right up there with REN and Stimpy and Futureama!!! You just made my day @Smokin Joe
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Pinky and the brain! Right up there with REN and Stimpy and Futureama!!! You just made my day @Smokin Joe
@Freya Glad I could make your day!  888high58888
Pinky and the Brain has long been a favorite, along with Ren and Stimpy. I like Two Angry Beavers and Courage the Cowardly Dog, too.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 10:38:44 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis