Author Topic: Coast Guard lieutenant, dubbed 'domestic terrorist,' had hit list of media bigs and Dem lawmakers: p  (Read 3922 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Last Update 14 mins ago
Coast Guard lieutenant, dubbed 'domestic terrorist,' had hit list of media bigs and Dem lawmakers: prosecutors

By Samuel Chamberlain | Fox News

A U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant arrested last week on weapons and drug charges is a white nationalist who apparently had a hit list of Democratic lawmakers and activists as well as prominent media personalities, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

In a motion for pretrial detention filed in federal court in Maryland, authorities said Lt. Christopher Paul Hasson, 49, was arrested Friday and charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and an opioid called Tramadol.

However, the filing described the charges as "the proverbial tip of the iceberg," and referred to Hasson as "a domestic terrorist" who meant to "murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country."

The filing was first noted by researchers from George Washington University's Program on Extremism.

Coast Guard spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Scott McBride said in a statement: "An active duty Coast Guard member stationed at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington, D.C., was arrested last week on illegal weapons and drug charges as a result of an ongoing investigation led by Coast Guard Investigation Services, in cooperation with the FBI and the Dept. of Justice. Because this is an open investigation, the Coast Guard has no further details at this time."

Prosecutors say Hasson regularly read a manifesto written by Anders Behring Breivik, a Norwegian far-right extremist who killed 77 people in a pair of 2011 terror attacks, and stockpiled weapons and ammunition. According to the documents, federal agents recovered 15 firearms and "conservatively" more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition from Hasson's "cramped basement apartment" in Silver Spring, Maryland.

Prosecutors say these firearms and ammunition were found in Coast Guard Lt. Christopher Hasson's Maryland apartment. (Department of Justice)

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/coast-guard-lieutenant-dubbed-domestic-terrorist-had-hit-list-of-media-bigs-and-dem-lawmakers-prosecutors

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Just in time to knock the 'lynching' hoax off the front pages.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
That's horrible. How many people did he kill?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline skeeter

As many as Cesar Sayoc.

Online mountaineer

LINK to federal government's motion for detention pending trial. 
Friendly Gabriel Malor    @gabrielmalor

He also had a fantasy of killing "almost every last person on earth" with a plague.
"Start with biological attacks followed by attack on food supply. . . Have to research this."
Warm up that *motion granted* stamp.
6:50 PM - 20 Feb 2019

The motion also details the defendant's abuse of steroids and opioids.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 12:53:32 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Damned if they didn't find a unicorn. (maybe) I'd like to see more facts.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The guy is a hero. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The guy is a hero.

To other drug-addled homicidal maniacs?

Three months earlier, prosecutors say Hasson drafted an email to "friends" in which he said he was "dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on the earth. I think a plague would be most successful but how do I acquire the needed/ Spanish flu, botulism, anthrax not sure yet but will find something."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@TheGhost

TBR does not agree with your post and nor does it condone violence on any person....this guy was/is a domestic terrorist....period!

I would appreciate it if you would remove that post.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Meldrew

Damned if they didn't find a unicorn. (maybe) I'd like to see more facts.

Does seem a little odd that we have a picture of his guns but not a picture of him.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@TheGhost

TBR does not agree with your post and nor does it condone violence on any person....this guy was/is a domestic terrorist....period!

I would appreciate it if you would remove that post.

Remove it. Hell no.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The guy is a hero.
More likely a patsy. Look at the keywords....

"Stockpiled" (Kept in the basement/closet)

"15 firearms" (a pretty average family gun rack in these parts)

"Conservatively 1000 rounds of ammunition"  (Enough for a family fun day at the old gravel pit)

Now, that stuff really isn't so abnormal out here in flyover country....

But
The filing said Hasson had "espoused extremist views for years" and quoted a letter he drafted to "a known American neo-Nazi leader" in September 2017, nearly two months after the deadly violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. In the letter, Hasson described himself as "a long time White Nationalist, having been a skinhead 30 plus years ago before my time in the military." Hasson added that "I fully support the idea of a white homeland ...
  You have to ask where they got the letter?

A spreadsheet of Ranking Democrats and Liberals for a hit list? Not even password protected? On the hard drive?

Seriously? too easy!

And
Three months earlier, prosecutors say Hasson drafted an email to "friends" in which he said he was "dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on the earth. I think a plague would be most successful but how do I acquire the needed/ Spanish flu, botulism, anthrax not sure yet but will find something."

Either a patsy or a nutcase.

Now the unfortunate part is at the top of this post. The guy who was going to kill the world using some bug had....
"Stockpiled" (Kept in the basement/closet)

"15 firearms" (a pretty average family gun rack in these parts)

"Conservatively 1000 rounds of ammunition"

None of which, in and of itself is illegal (except for scary black rifles with 30 round mags in Maryland, which has a fetish about not having to reload often). But it associates those items with a nutcase who is going to wipe out the world. And media is all about associations and reactions.

But take over the world?
Hold my beer, Pinky!

No hero, just a nutcase or a patsy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I hate to tell y'all this, but that don't even make a fair representation of a a 'stockpile'. Most any house in this town would have nearly as much...

And Tramadol, while technically an opiate derivative (synthetic) for pain, it is among the less effective and is not even listed as a narcotic in many states. It is essentially a higher grade than Tylenol, but pretty low-yield stuff.

Offline roamer_1

"Conservatively 1000 rounds of ammunition"  (Enough for a family fun day at the old gravel pit)

Yeah... I probably have easily 10 times that just in 22 longs.  :shrug:

Offline Wingnut

They are going to try and screw this guy like a tied up goat.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They are going to try and screw this guy like a tied up goat.
Sure they are. But the imagery is in place. It's all about the imagery.

The guy apparently didn't rave that he was going to shoot people, he was looking for a germ.
Okay, that isn't playing nice, but he didn't kill anyone, and was indiscreet to flap his lips about it, either in person or electronic form.

But they still have pictures of the guns--ooooh! an Arse-nal.

Like I said, about average in these parts, a few handguns, a couple of shotguns, a couple/three .22s, a couple of hunting type rifles, one tactical looking, and three black rifles, a little battle rattle, but Only five ammo cans? (piker). Oh and those "deadly high capacity clips" (banned in MD, iirc, though maybe he had some sort of active duty dispensation.

That's the meme the imagery pushes, evil, extreme right-wing domestic (Coast Guard) terrorist with GUNS! Yeah, there's other stuff in the pile, looks like a couple of sets of body armor plates, either suppressors or flashlights, some battle rattle (load bearing vest, belt, pack, etc.) a bunch of magazines and boxed ammo.

If this guy has been hobnobbing with 'extremists' for 30 years, he's been on the radar for a while.

So why now?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Less than Cecil B. DeMille.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Just in time to knock the 'lynching' hoax off the front pages.
Jussie is a bigger hoax...the "narrative" of Jussie has been pushed for almost 3 weeks now...this freak is but a "flash in the pan" compared to the Jussie hoax bullshit.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Jussie is a bigger hoax...the "narrative" of Jussie has been pushed for almost 3 weeks now...this freak is but a "flash in the pan" compared to the Jussie hoax bullshit.

I'd have to agree.  We all need to take a moment and give Jussie thanks for helping push the SJW agenda bullshit back 10 years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Remove it. Hell no.

I'm compelled to agree with you, @The Ghost

My favorite fantasy of all time is to wake up and read about a coordinated hit ala the Baptism scene in The Godfather.

Why should the Muslims have all the fun and get all the credit?

Crazy??   IMO, there are hundreds of thousands of elderly in America who are thinking ...'it's a good thing I'm not 40 years younger'.

My country is being destroyed...by the media.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 10:48:39 am by DCPatriot »