Author Topic: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on Warmongers in Their Ivory Towers  (Read 677 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on Warmongers in Their Ivory Towers
« on: February 20, 2019, 10:06:26 pm »

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on Warmongers in Their Ivory Towers
Eric Garris Posted on February 18, 2019   

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard released this 30-second video in her campaign for the White House. It is one of the most clear and unequivocal statements I have ever heard from a presidential candidate:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Read more at: https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2019/02/18/rep-tulsi-gabbard-on-warmongers-in-their-ivory-towers/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on Warmongers in Their Ivory Towers
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 10:16:52 pm »
Warmongers?  That's interesting coming from Major Gabbard of the Hawaii Army National Guard.

She used to come off as rare rational Lib in a sea of loons...I guess since she's decided to run for Prez she's decided she needs to be just as loony.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:18:03 pm »
Warmongers?  That's interesting coming from Major Gabbard of the Hawaii Army National Guard.

She used to come off as rare rational Lib in a sea of loons...I guess since she's decided to run for Prez she's decided she needs to be just as loony.

Was Ike a "loony" when he talked about the Military-Industrial Complex?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 10:19:15 pm »
Was Ike a "loony" when he talked about the Military-Industrial Complex?

He was talking about Communism...not his own country.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:22:28 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 11:27:30 pm »
No endorsement by me certainly, but as a Democrat, foreign policy wise, she is saying a lot of what the Pro-Putin crowd, anti-interventionist crowd,  what those kinds of people say... and she really should not be a Democrat but I'd like to see her debate on these issues, these matters should get more attention and as to why she is wrong because it's certainly on the web and it's a bit like what Rand and Ron Paul say.  I will look to hear what she says, it's all been foreign policy so far. I happened to watch some other film of her in New Hampshire.

PS, antiwar.com is a news conglomerations (assembles, displays news stories) website. It is useful to see what stories are out there.

I rarely agree with them, they are kind of in the same category as the American Conservative. TAC calls themselves that but they clearly have an agenda I rarely agree with as well.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:43:59 pm by TomSea »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 11:43:01 pm »

Huh? Please elaborate.

I've always heard this phrase when describing the alliance between US defense contractors and top military brass. Eisenhower was pretty clear on this.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 12:21:07 am »
Huh? Please elaborate.

I've always heard this phrase when describing the alliance between US defense contractors and top military brass. Eisenhower was pretty clear on this.

Not as clear as you might think if you read the entire speech and read everything he had to say...not just the part everyone wants you to remember.

The part about Ike talking about Communism was in the transcript of a speech Reagan gave years ago.  I'll have to dig through the Library archives online and find it again.

And if you analyze the speech in it's entirety...and I've read it many times...he's not warning against some vast Orwellian conspiracy between the government and the military as the black helicopter conspiracy types want you to think.

More like an age old warning that "with great power comes great responsibility".

It's more of a

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 12:23:08 am »
PS, antiwar.com is a news conglomerations (assembles, displays news stories) website. It is useful to see what stories are out there.

I rarely agree with them, they are kind of in the same category as the American Conservative. TAC calls themselves that but they clearly have an agenda I rarely agree with as well.

Anti-war.com is a nutter site along the lines of ConservativeTreehouse and InfoWars.

It was a favorite place for Ron Paul to preach to his minions.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 01:22:38 am »

No, he’s pretty much talking about the US and what was then the newly-permanent arms industry. 

The text of the speech is here:  http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/eisenhower001.asp

Everyone can judge for themselves. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 03:55:01 am »
No, he’s pretty much talking about the US and what was then the newly-permanent arms industry. 

The text of the speech is here:  http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/eisenhower001.asp

Everyone can judge for themselves.

Of course because to every Liberal anyone who believes in a strong military is automatically part of some kind of warmonger conspiracy to line the pockets of defense contractors.

I know you’re here just to annoy the piss out of us with your Progressive BS...but it’s clear that DU misses you and desperately wants you back.

You should go visit your friends on Skins island for a few years.