Author Topic: James Clapper: Mueller investigation could be 'quite anticlimactic'  (Read 430 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
James Clapper: Mueller investigation could be 'quite anticlimactic'
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | February 20, 2019 03:12 PM

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said it is possible special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation could be “anticlimactic.”

“I think the hope is that the Mueller investigation will clear the air on this issue once and for all. I’m really not sure it will, and the investigation, when completed, could turn out to be quite anticlimactic and not draw a conclusion about that,” Clapper told CNN on Wednesday.

Although Clapper said that the intelligence community finds President Trump’s “deference” to Russian President Vladimir Putin odd, he doesn’t believe Trump would consciously aid Putin’s interests.

“The strange thing I think that has bothered a lot of people both in and out of the intelligence community is this strange personal deference to Putin by the president. I’ve speculated in the past that the way Putin behaves is to treat President Trump as an asset,” Clapper said Wednesday.

Clapper has been critical of Trump in the past. Last year, the White House said it was considering removing his security clearance after pulling the one held by former CIA Director John Brennan.

Mueller’s investigation, which has been conducted for more than two years and is examining whether the Trump campaign colluded with the Kremlin in 2016, could conclude as early as next week, according to a CNN report Wednesday. Mueller must share a confidential report with Attorney General Bill Barr after the investigation concludes and outline why he chose to either bring charges or not prosecute any matters during the probe.

Although he is not required to share the report with Congress, Barr intends to submit a summary of the investigation to lawmakers.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/james-clapper-mueller-investigation-could-be-quite-anticlimactic
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34