Author Topic: Why the Washington Post has got to be worried about the quarter-billion-dollar defamation lawsuit fi  (Read 458 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 20, 2019
Why the Washington Post has got to be worried about the quarter-billion-dollar defamation lawsuit filed by Nick Sandmann and his parents
By Thomas Lifson

Jeff Bezos, the richest person in the world and owner of the Washington Post, is about to encounter Kentucky justice, and I suspect he is not going to be happy with it.  The parents of Nick Sandmann chose well in hiring renowned lawyer L. Lin Wood, who won over $5 million from NBC over its coverage of Richard Jewell during the Olympic Park bombing incident.  Wood and associated counsel launched a lawsuit in federal court in Covington, Kentucky (the Eastern District of Kentucky, Northern Division).  According to the Diocese of Covington, 18% of the area's population is Catholic.  The Eastern District Court of Kentucky is within the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, which is based in Cincinnati, generally regarded as the most conservative major metropolitan area in the United States.

From the WaPo's own article on the suit:

The suit alleges that The Post "targeted and bullied" 16-year-old Nicholas Sandmann in order to embarrass President Trump.  Sandmann was one of a number of students from Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky who were wearing red "Make America Great Again" hats during a trip to the Mall when they encountered Nathan Phillips, a Native American activist. ...

"In a span of three days in January of this year commencing on January 19, the Post engaged in a modern-day form of McCarthyism by competing with CNN and NBC, among others, to claim leadership of a mainstream and social media mob of bullies which attacked, vilified, and threatened Nicholas Sandmann, an innocent secondary school child," reads the complaint.

It added, "The Post ignored basic journalist standards because it wanted to advance its well-known and easily documented, biased agenda against President Donald J. Trump by impugning individuals perceived to be supporters of the President."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/02/why_the_washington_post_has_got_to_be_worried_about_the_quarter_billiondollar_defamation_lawsuit_filed_by_nick_sandmann_and_his_parents_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 I hope Mr. Bezos ends up having to sell the worthless rag for  $1.00.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This will never go to trial.

Bezos will "buy off" the young plaintiff with a "fair-to-middlin'" out-of-court settlement (which will include a "gag order" on discussing the case) for perhaps one, two, maybe even three million dollars.

That's chump change to Bezos and it will get the kid off his back for good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Bezos will "buy off" the young plaintiff with a "fair-to-middlin'" out-of-court settlement (which will include a "gag order" on discussing the case) for perhaps one, two, maybe even three million dollars.

I dunno bout that. If the kid isn't in it for the money the can't be a settlement and this goes to discovery, where the real danger is for WaPo.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

LOL!

No way, Jose.   Lawyers for the kid are getting one-third.  They have Bezos by his balls.

...and this is merely the first law suit.   Therefore, settlements may be reached with the ones that follow.

This kid will make Manny Machado money without picking up a glove.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald