Author Topic: Mo Brooks Backs Food Stamp Requirements: Wrong to Let ‘Slackers’ Live Off Taxpayers  (Read 247 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) and 64 House colleagues sent a letter on Tuesday to Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue in support of work requirements for food stamps.

Brooks’s letter backed the agency’s recent proposed rulemaking, which implemented work requirements for food stamps. The Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) proposed rule would make it harder for states to waive the work requirement by manipulating unemployment statistics.

Reps. Mark Meadows (R-NC), Jim Jordan (R-OH), Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Andy Harris (R-MD), Mark Green (R-TN), and other prominent conservatives signed on to the letter.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/19/mo-brooks-backs-food-stamp-requirements-wrong-let-slackers-live-off-taxpayers/
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
[insert requisite story about "food stamp" user getting into a brand new Escalade]
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excellent!

Why does this kind of legislation only get introduced when everyone on the planet knows there is zero chance of it being passed into law?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien