Author Topic: Democrats Don’t Oppose Executive Abuse, They Oppose Donald Trump  (Read 328 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats Don’t Oppose Executive Abuse, They Oppose Donald Trump
Constitutional norms for thee but not for me.

By David Harsanyi   
February 19, 2019

Pointing out hypocrisy can be more than a political gotcha. In the case of President Donald Trump’s emergency declaration on the southern border, it’s a useful way to highlight the fact that Democrats who are attempting to regain power have not only refused to live by the rules they’ve set for the opposition, they’re also threatening to break those rules in even more expansive ways in the future.

As soon as Trump declared a national emergency to fund the building of a wall on the Mexico-U.S. border—a clear attempt to circumvent the legislative branch and one that I hope leads to the Supreme Court overturning the abused National Emergencies Act (NEA)—the first thing Democrats did was promise to use the law for their own partisan ends, immediately exposing any supposed apprehensions about executive overreach as a fiction.

http://thefederalist.com/2019/02/19/democrats-dont-oppose-executive-abuse-oppose-donald-trump/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 05:25:57 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Democrats Don’t Oppose Executive Abuse, They Oppose Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 07:36:21 pm »
It's not Trump.

It's Everyone and Everything that doesn't kiss the DNC's right to rule/do Anything they please, without so much as a whimper.

If by some miracle it was Romney in office they'd be giving him just as much made up crap no matter how easily he rolled over to them.

This is why they cannot be allowed to assume power again.

They have nothing to offer but confiscation of everyone's property/money, and their boot on everyone's neck.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 07:37:04 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline musiclady

Re: Democrats Don’t Oppose Executive Abuse, They Oppose Donald Trump
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 07:38:14 pm »
Of course not.

They didn't oppose any of the myriad of abuses of power that their god Obama perpetrated.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Democrat.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.