Author Topic: Editorial: As Gov. Pritzker speaks: We sure hope Illinois doesn't need a border wall  (Read 374 times)

rangerrebew

Editorial: As Gov. Pritzker speaks: We sure hope Illinois doesn't need a border wall

J.B. Pritzker takes his first big step as governor on Wednesday. As he lays out his financial plan for this gravely indebted state and its taxpayers, multiple audiences will assess what it means to them. Public employees and others who rely on appropriations from Springfield will wonder how spending plans affect their line items in future budgets. Lawmakers will listen for the impacts on their pet projects, their donors and their districts. And a far larger group of Illinois residents and employers will find clues on whether to intensify or uproot their connections here.

If that last group senses from Pritzker’s address that Illinois’ high-ranking state and local tax burden is bound to grow even more egregious, then Illinois cynics can start cackling about which gets built first — President Trump’s border wall to keep people out, or this state’s border wall to keep people in.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-pritzker-illinois-budget-speech-20190213-story.html
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 04:06:00 pm by rangerrebew »

Online LMAO

Pritzker  made a lot of promises during the campaign that he’s going to find out he cannot keep
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"As Gov. Pritzker speaks: We sure hope Illinois doesn't need a border wall"

Illinois DOES need a "border wall" -- around the ENTIRE STATE.

Keep the leftist insanity inside, keep it from spreading to neighboring states!