Author Topic: Defamation Suit: WashPost Sued for $250 Million by Covington Student  (Read 514 times)

rangerrebew

Defamation Suit: WashPost Sued for $250 Million by Covington Student
By Nicholas Fondacaro | February 19, 2019 8:36 PM EST

With a promise that “this is only the beginning,” Lin Wood and Todd McMurtry, the lawyers for Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann, filed a lengthy $250 million lawsuit against The Washington Post for defamation on Tuesday regarding their alleged targeted smears of the teen. The document itself was a scathing takedown of the paper they described as abusing “the profession of journalism” while racing to be “the first and loudest media bully.”

The lawsuit started off by recalling the paper’s coining of “McCarthyism” in a 1950 cartoon they published. “In a span of three (3) days in January of this year commencing on January 19, the Post engaged in a modern-day form of McCarthyism by competing with CNN and NBC, among others, to claim leadership of a mainstream and social media mob of bullies which attacked, vilified, and threatened Nicholas Sandmann (“Nicholas”), an innocent secondary school child,” the suit said.

Throughout the document, the lawyers described The Post as bullies who were driven by political motivations to target him:

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2019/02/19/defamation-suit-wapo-sued-250-million-covington-student

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Defamation Suit: WashPost Sued for $250 Million by Covington Student
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 01:59:38 am »
Let's pray the Post has to payup bigtime.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 02:30:43 am »
I hope the next chapter in the WaPo story is  11.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 01:01:18 pm »
Yep.

Bezos has his dick in a vice.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 01:39:17 am »
I've posted this already, I'm gonna repeat it.

This case will be settled out-of-court. Part of the terms of the settlement will be that the plaintiff NOT disclose the terms or amount of the settlement, but I would expect it to be in the range of $1-3 million after the lawyers are paid. That's pocket change for Bezos, but it will give the young man money for all the college he wants and a sizable grubstake with which to start his 20's.

Young Sandmann would be wise to take the money and run.