Author Topic: Trump declares New York Times 'enemy of the people'  (Read 4587 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Trump declares New York Times 'enemy of the people'
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2019, 04:17:26 am »
Yes, it does seem rather petty.  Last time I checked he has much larger problems like building a wall and securing our borders which is no longer going to happen because he opted to sign a crappy disastrous bill rather than stand his ground.

He should have declared a national emergency his first year in office  when he had a full majority which would have likely avoided this past shutdown and all the lawsuits against him he now faces.  Instead he declares an emergency after he loses the House and also threatens to declare an emergency giving the leftists plenty of time to get their plan of action together to stop him.  Trump failed on this one, BIGLY.

That's right, and perhaps that is why he made this statement - to pump his base back up and distract yet again from his poor performance.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2019, 04:19:54 am »
Yes, it does seem rather petty.  Last time I checked he has much larger problems like building a wall and securing our borders which is no longer going to happen because he opted to sign a crappy disastrous bill rather than stand his ground.

He should have declared a national emergency his first year in office  when he had a full majority which would have likely avoided this past shutdown and all the lawsuits against him he now faces.  Instead he declares an emergency after he loses the House and also threatens to declare an emergency giving the leftists plenty of time to get their plan of action together to stop him.  Trump failed on this one, BIGLY.

@libertybele   Really tempted to say "Jane, you ignorant slut,"  but I won't. You know nothing and you've become a tool of the left.

The media should NOT be allowed to lie at will and carry out a vendetta against the President.  That does not mean they don't have all the freedom of the press in the world but not the freedom to lie and present false stories against Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2019, 04:24:39 am »
That's right, and perhaps that is why he made this statement - to pump his base back up and distract yet again from his poor performance.

Mr. President, the NY Times isn't the enemy that I'm concerned about.  The enemy that I'm concerned about are ALL the ILLEGALS pouring over our border that consists of rapists, murders, thugs, gang members and terrorists!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2019, 04:31:38 am »
Mr. President, the NY Times isn't the enemy that I'm concerned about.  The enemy that I'm concerned about are ALL the ILLEGALS pouring over our border that consists of rapists, murders, thugs, gang members and terrorists!!

The only chance of that changing - IMHO - is by exposure of cartel payments that buy Washington... And exactly who those payments are made to. Till then, it will remain the same.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2019, 04:38:52 am »
This site has suddenly become a haven for Trump bashers.  These are people who enjoy whining and nit picking about the best President we've had in a long time.

These people are ruining the site for me, but I still check in occasionally to see if there is anything worth commenting on and I also try to find worthwhile new topics to post.  But I'm not gonna bother with a 1000 post thread of people arguing and insulting.  We should be better than that.

The shame of it is we finally got ourselves a republican president whose focus is America and Americans first – not the elites’ version of America, nor the global community’s version, but America’s own. And he’s had some successes. We should be happier and enjoy this moment in history.

Yet because of the non stop whining from certain quarters that Trump isn’t doing things how they would do things or isn’t moving fast enough on their priorities, we missing out on the opportunity to come together and celebrate our achievements as republicans/conservatives.

It’s bad enough we hear it from the doom and gloom hate Trump media 24/7, then we gotta come here and get more of it? Enough is enough.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2019, 04:47:55 am »
LOL! You mean he has a keen ability to state the obvious.
BFD.

MSM has been the enemy of the people as long as I have been alive.
So wow. color me unimpressed.

And in the mean time, Those against him certainly won't listen to him, so what is gained in the rhetoric?

He is simply preaching to his choir.

:thumbsup:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2019, 06:17:36 am »
Since I see so few positive discussions about Trump on these pages I’ll take this opportunity to say that none of his primary challengers would have had the chutzpah and skills to have branded the media as Fake News, and make it stick.

He's changed politics forever...shown them how to win.  And they're all too stupid to absorb it.

"But I've got principles, damn you!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2019, 06:24:23 am »
He's changed politics forever...shown them how to win.  And they're all too stupid to absorb it.

"But I've got principles, damn you!"

I still don't see where he's won anything @DCPatriot   :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2019, 06:42:07 am »
I still don't see where he's won anything @DCPatriot   :shrug:

Do you see a Justice Loretta Lynch?  A Justice Garland?   ....or whatever the hell his name is?

Do you see record employment?

Do you see somebody at least TRYING to stop the Commie's?

Don't play stupid, @roamer_1    It's not becoming.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2019, 06:51:40 am »
Do you see a Justice Loretta Lynch?  A Justice Garland?   ....or whatever the hell his name is?

@DCPatriot
As if justices in the house and likeness of Kennedy are any better?

No, I don't... And for how long if it is so, when jacking the debt through the roof, and imposing tariffs?

No, i see another commie mouthing the words you need to hear.

I am being wholly straightforward, I assure you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2019, 07:01:10 am »
@mystery-ak

Trump said,"The New York Times reporting is false," Trump tweeted. "They are a true ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!"
Last week, law enforcement arrested a Lt. in the Coast Guard because he was going to kill various news reporters, their names were on a list, but none from Fox.  He was going to kill Democrat legislators whose names were on the list.  He had many weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo.  He was taking out Trump's "enemies".

This new tweet of Trump's about the New York Times, "They are a true "ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE", may set off another worshiper of Trump, and  people at the New York Times get killed.

Well, the report said a thousand rounds, but from the pic of what he had, it was a pretty modest assemblage of stuff, at least for these parts (unless those were suppressors and not flashlights).

In reality, he expressed desire not so much to shoot anyone, but was looking for a bioweapon with which to raise havoc and kill massive numbers of people (probably because ammo isn't cheap). 

Most folks in these parts have several hundred rounds per firearm, so it doesn't take long to have over a thousand rounds, especially when three of the firearms were.22 rifles, and two were shotguns.

Either way, unless he has an active duty dispensation of some sort, the 30 round AR mags, and quite possibly the ARs themselves are not legal in MD.

At the bottom of it all, and as someone who is an officer in the Coast Guard should be aware, any e-mail or social media is far from secure, and to be babbling about killing anyone is just a stupid thing for any would-be terrorist to do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2019, 09:38:54 am »
This site has suddenly become a haven for Trump bashers.  These are people who enjoy whining and nit picking about the best President we've had in a long time.

These people are ruining the site for me, but I still check in occasionally to see if there is anything worth commenting on and I also try to find worthwhile new topics to post.  But I'm not gonna bother with a 1000 post thread of people arguing and insulting.  We should be better than that.

A whiner whines about whining.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2019, 01:47:21 pm »
A whiner whines about whining.

(while they're bashing anyone not partaking of the Trump orange koolaid, and the fact he is raising the deficit at least as fast as Obama)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:14:52 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2019, 02:03:37 pm »

I'm seeing a lot people on the far left advocating for the same s**t that you are advocating.

@kevindavis

The left would love to be able to use those laws against Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, the Washington Times....

This is one of those “be careful what you wish for or just might get it”

This change in the libel laws may sound good right now. But imagine what a Democrat president and a democrat congress can do. Personally, I prefer the market. And these newest publications are already destroying their readership and viewerships and credibility with the general public
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2019, 04:40:17 pm »

Record employment is going to be needed to support all the illegals, terrorists and gang members coming across our border.  IMHO if he truly wanted to stop the 'commies' he would have never signed the disaster of the bill just handed him and he would have declared a national emergency long ago when the GOP held the majority in both Houses.

As for Lynch and all her cronies ... they should have been locked up.  That didn't happen because Trump appointed Rosenstein who helped with the Clinton/Bammy/Lynch/Holder, etc., corruption cover up.

Garland was prevented during the Bammy administration because for once Mitch actually grew a pair.  Trump had nothing to do with preventing Garland from taking the bench.  His appointment of Kavanaugh is questionable -- he and Roberts appear to be becoming two peas in a pod.  Rumor has it that Kavanaugh was not on the list of justices he vowed to pick from.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 04:40:56 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2019, 04:52:55 pm »
Rumor has it that Kavanaugh was not on the list of justices he vowed to pick from.

That rumor would be incorrect.

Among the current round of apparent finalists, only one — Raymond Kethledge, a former Kennedy clerk now on the Cincinnati-based U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit — was on the initial list of 11. Two others — Brett Kavanaugh, another former Kennedy clerk now on the powerful D.C. Circuit, and Amy Coney Barrett, a University of Notre Dame law professor nominated by Trump last year to the Chicago-based 7th Circuit - were added to the list last November.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-supreme-court-list-20180708-story.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2019, 05:07:29 pm »
A rumor? About Trump? I never heard of such a thing!  wink777

Offline libertybele

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2019, 05:30:18 pm »

That rumor would be incorrect.

Among the current round of apparent finalists, only one — Raymond Kethledge, a former Kennedy clerk now on the Cincinnati-based U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit — was on the initial list of 11. Two others — Brett Kavanaugh, another former Kennedy clerk now on the powerful D.C. Circuit, and Amy Coney Barrett, a University of Notre Dame law professor nominated by Trump last year to the Chicago-based 7th Circuit - were added to the list last November.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-supreme-court-list-20180708-story.html

Thank you for the info.   happy77

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2019, 05:39:29 pm »
Thank you for the info.   happy77

Sure. Here’s the full list, if he gets another chance at appointment.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trumps-supreme-court-list/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2019, 05:40:55 pm »
The shame of it is we finally got ourselves a republican president whose focus is America and Americans first – not the elites’ version of America, nor the global community’s version, but America’s own. And he’s had some successes. We should be happier and enjoy this moment in history.

Yet because of the non stop whining from certain quarters that Trump isn’t doing things how they would do things or isn’t moving fast enough on their priorities, we missing out on the opportunity to come together and celebrate our achievements as republicans/conservatives.

It’s bad enough we hear it from the doom and gloom hate Trump media 24/7, then we gotta come here and get more of it? Enough is enough.

Again, and I've stated it before.  I give this President credit, when credit is due.  His waiting to declare a national emergency was a mistake as was waiting till just days before the new Congress took over to push for a border wall.  The bill that he just signed IS a disaster.

Yes he's displayed tremendous patriotism at times, got the economy going, put Gorsuch on the bench, has dealt with Korea, and has reaffirmed our relationship with Israel.  I've given him credit and patted him on the back numerous times.

Granting amnesty and allowing states to opt out of a border wall does not equate to border security and building a big beautiful wall!  The very issues that won him the presidency! Sorry, I can't pat him on the back for this.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2019, 01:58:10 am »
The bill that he just signed IS a disaster.

Oh, but pull back and see the full scope: EVERY bill he has signed (the stuff we get to keep) has been a disaster.

There is a trend.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2019, 09:10:04 am »
Hannity is a pompous ass and a mouthpiece for the DOPe.
Any doubt of that was proven false by his treatment of Roy Moore.

Thanks for the call.

I gotta run.

How many decades has it been since that pontificating goofball has gotten up off his fat a$$ and Run anywhere?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online roamer_1

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2019, 10:31:24 am »
Thanks for the call.

I gotta run.

How many decades has it been since that pontificating goofball has gotten up off his fat a$$ and Run anywhere?

Better watch out... he's got a plaid belt in tai-kwan-dope... He'll kick your... shins or something...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2019, 10:47:05 am »
Better watch out... he's got a plaid belt in tai-kwan-dope... He'll kick your... shins or something...
If he can get his feet that high.... *****rollingeyes*****
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2019, 12:54:38 pm »
He's hardly the first. The NYT has been the enemy of the American people ever since they sent the reporter to the Soviet Union back in the 30's,and he spent weeks touring Soviet cities and factories,and writing glowing reports about how much better communism worked than capitalism.

The Soviets even created fake "happy villages" for him to see while boating down  the Ural (I believe) River and viewing them from a distance. They weren't even real houses. Today we would call them "Hollywood prop villages". Because of this the phrase "Potemkin Villages"  was  used to describe them.

According to the NYT of the 30's,the USSR was the wave of the future.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!