General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

Memorable Movie Moments - Favorites

<< < (29/42) > >>

truth_seeker:
Last night using Youtube Movies, rented "Ford vs. Ferrari," in HD for 48 hours, for $5.99

Movies, story is very good.

Like "Grand Prix," "Le Mans," "Rush," etc is is mainly a Auto Racine flick.

I happen to be  sports car enthusiast.

European, American, Japanese; doesn't matter.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 07, 2020, 03:53:24 am ---Gone With the Wind

Dr Zhivago

Ben Hur (with Charlton Heston)

I'd have to think about the other two...

--- End quote ---

Both Ben Hur and Dr. Zhivago are two of my favorites as well. They just don't make movies like that anymore.  Also these days, it is hard to find movies that are even 2 hours long.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: libertybele on June 13, 2020, 07:30:21 pm ---Both Ben Hur and Dr. Zhivago are two of my favorites as well. They just don't make movies like that anymore.  Also these days, it is hard to find movies that are even 2 hours long.

--- End quote ---
It's hard to find movies you'd want to be 2 hours long.

I'd add The Robe, too.

EasyAce:

--- Quote from: libertybele on June 13, 2020, 07:30:21 pm ---Both Ben Hur and Dr. Zhivago are two of my favorites as well. They just don't make movies like that anymore.  Also these days, it is hard to find movies that are even 2 hours long.

--- End quote ---
It does seem as though those plus The Godfather series are outliers now.

jafo2010:
John Wayne, he was my favorite actor as a child all the way through until adulthood.  He was great.  Everything he did, I enjoyed.

Perhaps his most impressionable movie for me as a young boy was the Flying Tigers.  Read the book by Col Scott if I recall when I was very young.  Loved this movie.  Could watch it 100 times and never tire of it.  For me, it was about bravery, men who went to war to fight the Japs when they did not need to do so.

Right behind it, The Fighting Seabees, which again honored brave men.  It was John Wayne at his best.

And there were other WWII movies with Wayne, and I loved them all.

in 1952, he made what I consider his best movie, The Quiet Man.  John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara were excellent together in this movie, which spawned others.  All the actors in this movie were in great form.  Since I had Irish ancestors on both sides of my family, my own paternal grandfather from Ireland to the USA in 1920, it was that much more endearing.

So many movies he made that I enjoyed.  The Horse Soldiers, North to Alaska, The Searchers, In Harm's Way, True Grit, Rooster Cogburn, The Shootist, and many others.

And a special mention to The Cowboys, which I thought was a special story, for it was Wayne and a bunch of kids, and the story came across very real and dramatic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version