General Category > National/Breaking News

Grand Canyon Tourists Exposed To Radiation For Nearly Two Decades

(1/13) > >>

Cyber Liberty:
Grand Canyon Tourists Exposed To Radiation For Nearly Two Decades

Graeme Gallagher | Contributor
2/18/19

--- Quote ---Three paint buckets full of uranium were sitting in the Grand Canyon’s museum collection building, exposing tourists for nearly two decades to radiation, according to USA Today on Monday.

Even though the five-gallon containers were removed from the site last June, this is the first time that park workers or the public have been warned of the possible exposure to radiation.

The park’s safety, health and wellness manager Elston Stephenson sent an email Feb. 4 to all Park Service employees about the alleged cover-up.

“If you were in the Museum Collections Building (2C) between the year 2000 and June 18, 2018, you were ‘exposed’ to uranium by OSHA’s definition,” Stephenson wrote.

Stephenson said that he repeatedly told Park executives to warn the public and workers, but was always shut down.
--- End quote ---

More at link:  https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/18/grand-canyon-radiation-decades/

Cyber Liberty:
The last time I was at the Canyon they still had an abandoned Uranium mine within walking distance of the South Rim Visitor's Center.

mountaineer:
I better check my basement. Never know when you might have a couple of paint cans full of hazmat lying around.

Polly Ticks:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on February 19, 2019, 03:14:10 pm ---I better check my basement. Never know when you might have a couple of paint cans full of hazmat lying around.

--- End quote ---

I have five sons.  There is almost always some form of hazmat in my basement.

Wingnut:
i'm on it!  Got my trusty Sears store bought out of storage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version