Author Topic: Rep. Jim Jordan: Allowing Non-Citizens to Vote, Abolishing ICE - ‘Those Are the Positions That Scar  (Read 341 times)

rangerrebew

Rep. Jim Jordan: Allowing Non-Citizens to Vote, Abolishing ICE - ‘Those Are the Positions That Scare Me’

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) told ABC’s “This Week With George Stephanopolous” on Sunday that the positions that liberal Democrats have taken on illegal immigration is dangerous and scary.

“What’s amazing to me now, what I think is dangerous, is the position that the left and the Democrats are now taking,” said Jordan, the top Republican on the House Oversight Committee.

“Congressman Blumenauer said ‘abolish ICE.’ Nancy Pelosi said walls are immoral. You had the candidate for president, Secretary Clinton, say we need a borderless hemisphere, and oh, by the way, the person that the Democrats had do the State of the Union response, Stacey Abrams, just four weeks ago said non-citizens should be able to vote. Those are the positions that scare me,” he said.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/rep-jim-jordan-allowing-non-citizens-vote-abolishing-ice-those-are

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I recently went to our local conservative meeting and the outreach guy for our House member showed up.  He went on for a while about all the good things our rep is doing in Congress, and then someone asked him about what they were doing about illegal immigration.  He said that a small group of troublemakers had made it impossible to pass a reform bill in December and named Mark Meadows and Jim Jordan specifically.  Said in order to get bills passed you had to work with the other guys and blah, blah, blah.  Someone pointed out that our side is the one always moving towards them and getting screwed with legislation.  But, what really got my attention is the open contempt and anger that he spoke about Jordan and Meadows with.  He almost spit out the words "conservative caucus".   And, he had been very dismissive of Cruz earlier in the conversation.  That's what we have to work with.  Sad.