Author Topic: Trump can’t run the Mueller playbook on New York feds  (Read 632 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump can’t run the Mueller playbook on New York feds
« on: February 18, 2019, 09:44:58 pm »
Even as speculation mounts that special counsel Robert Mueller might be winding down his investigation, a parallel threat to President Donald Trump only seems to be growing within his own Justice Department: the Southern District of New York.

Manhattan-based federal prosecutors can challenge Trump in ways Mueller can’t. They have jurisdiction over the president’s political operation and businesses — subjects that aren’t protected by executive privilege, a tool Trump is considering invoking to block portions of Mueller’s report. From a PR perspective, Trump has been unable to run the same playbook on SDNY that he’s used to erode conservatives’ faith in Mueller, the former George W. Bush-appointed FBI director. Legal circles are also buzzing over whether SDNY might buck DOJ guidance and seek to indict a sitting president.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/18/trump-new-york-mueller-investigation-1173346
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump can’t run the Mueller playbook on New York feds
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 10:03:52 pm »
Vapid wishful thinking.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 10:16:09 pm »
Vapid wishful thinking.

The left has been breaking up with Mueller for a few weeks now. He just isn’t satisfying their needs anymore.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 10:54:45 pm »
From a PR perspective, Trump has been unable to run the same playbook on SDNY that he’s used to erode conservatives’ faith in Mueller, the former George W. Bush-appointed FBI director.

Politico isn't the least bit biased in tone.  Nope, not at all. :whistle:

(Trump did not erode my faith in Mueller.  Mueller eroded my faith in Mueller.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: