Author Topic: Man arrested for punching, pouring coffee on Sikh 7-Eleven clerk — because he thought the man was Mu  (Read 1478 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
A California man was charged with a hate crime after allegedly punching and throwing hot coffee on a Sikh 7-Eleven employee.
Surveillance footage shows the man, identified as John Crain, attacking the clerk near the store’s exit early Wednesday. The employee told the Marysville Police Department that Crain had tried to leave without paying for his coffee, the Sacramento Bee reports.
Crain later admitted to assaulting the clerk and told the police that he hates Muslims, according to the Bee. Local news station CBS13 confirmed that the clerk was actually Sikh, not Muslim. Police said he was injured by the hot coffee and had a contusion on his face....

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-arrested-punching-pouring-coffee-sikh-7-eleven-clerk-thought-man-muslim-123309882.html?fbclid=IwAR10JELJhDt0Sq3rqNmCgnfQ7Ezf6L1Z2BN8ngutS3IfYYbupXKfkaTNENY

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Poor Sikhs, they get so much slack over this...  the massacre at the Sikh Temple in Wisconsin happened in what I believe was the same confusion about identity. I pretty much am aware of one other instance. They wear turbans similar to Bin Laden, that's what people see. And they are wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Sikh_temple_shooting
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 06:01:58 pm by TomSea »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Poor Sikhs, they get so much slack over this...  the massacre at the Sikh Temple in Wisconsin happened in what I believe the same confusion about identity
Happens all the time. But when you wear a pillow on your head in modern day America, you have to expect that something is going to happen. Not excusing the attacker at all, but really, why wrap yourself with a blanket on your head?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

Happens all the time. But when you wear a pillow on your head in modern day America, you have to expect that something is going to happen. Not excusing the attacker at all, but really, why wrap yourself with a blanket on your head?

Because that's their religion and it is none of your or I's business.

Offline TomSea

It's not about them wearing a pillow on their head, it is clearly about people thinking they are Muslims.

I may not follow their religious beliefs but I respect their religious beliefs, they even had to deal with this on another scale about soccer players being able to wear a turban on the field of play.

Overturned turban ban a painful memory for Quebec soccer player

"Those weren't easy words," his father, Sunny, says, recalling the conversation that night to explain that the Quebec Soccer Federation had banned turbans because of safety concerns, even though around the world, players wore them without issue. "It's kind of tough to tell your child that."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/overturned-turban-ban-a-painful-memory-for-quebec-soccer-player/article17190062/

Sikhs and per capita they are probably more common in England have long been part of the society. This is ignorance by people, I honestly believe that not to be offensive to anyone.  In England, numerous Sikhs have protested against Islamic violence.

Canada's defense minister is a Sikh even.

These people may have helped the British fight the Nazis and Imperial Japan on the allied side.

Offline TomSea

Because that's their religion and it is none of your or I's business.

And I'll repeat myself, I don't think they care if it is about a pillow or blanket on their head, it is that these people who attack them in the case, I remember and Wisconsin too, I believe thought they were Muslims.

They are also big in security, being police officers. They have done that in places in the USA for quite a long time in some places.

Offline skeeter

Would the tenor of the story change at all if it turns out the attacker is an addled methhead currently living under a nearby bridge?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Right after 9/11, a Sikh clerk (may have been the owner) in Mesa, AZ was murdered.  Same circumstances:  A imbecile who mistook the clerk as a Muslim.

Would the tenor of the story change at all if it turns out the attacker is an addled methhead currently living under a nearby bridge?

I don't know.  The fellow mentioned above was like that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Right after 9/11, a Sikh clerk (may have been the owner) in Mesa, AZ was murdered.  Same circumstances:  A imbecile who mistook the clerk as a Muslim.

I don't know.  The fellow mentioned above was like that.

I'd wager similar attacks by addled bums on innocent passersby happen in every city several times each day. I had a homeless guy nearly attack me after seeing that I had a 20 in my wallet as I took out a 5er to give him.

The problem isn't systemic hate, the problem is allowing addled bums to wander the streets unattended.

Online LMAO

Happens all the time. But when you wear a red MAGA hat on your head in modern day America, you have to expect that something is going to happen. Not excusing the attacker at all, but really, why wrap yourself with a red MAGA hat on your head?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Happens all the time. But when you wear a red MAGA hat on your head in modern day America, you have to expect that something is going to happen. Not excusing the attacker at all, but really, why wrap yourself with a red MAGA hat on your head?
I agree. Going into a a bar with a MAGA hat or a ISIS-Obama Hussein hat is asking for a fight.
Why push it? Your soul is not going to leave your body if you do not have a hat to keep it in.

But yes, these are ignorant people who do not know their religions. Anything that is not us, is not right.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I agree. Going into a a bar with a MAGA hat or a ISIS-Obama Hussein hat is asking for a fight.
Why push it? Your soul is not going to leave your body if you do not have a hat to keep it in.

But yes, these are ignorant people who do not know their religions. Anything that is not us, is not right.

@240B

Well said!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online dfwgator

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Offline Applewood

I remember after 9-11 there were several reported incidents of violence against the Sikhs.  One occurred in Pittsburgh.  A Sikh convenience store owner was assaulted.  At the time the news carefully and repeatedly explained that Sikhs were not Muslims.  But we have a lot of people who go through life blissfully uninformed -- don't read, don't watch the news, etc.  I believe they are the same ones who don't read the instructions on their turkey fryer and then wonder why their house burned down.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It wouldn't make any difference if the guy HAD BEEN a Muslim. It was still an unprovoked attack,and in the United States everybody,including Muslims,have the right to the expectation of not being physically attacked due to their race,religious beliefs,or political beliefs.

We are either all free,or none of us are free.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ABX

It wouldn't make any difference if the guy HAD BEEN a Muslim. It was still an unprovoked attack,and in the United States everybody,including Muslims,have the right to the expectation of not being physically attacked due to their race,religious beliefs,or political beliefs.

All this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline Applewood

You are correct, of course.  I was just pointing out how stupid so many people have become.  When I hear of things like this, I wonder what causes it.  Something in the water?  Or maybe mad cow disease?  I know stuff like this has gone on probably since the beginning of time, but it seems in recent years, we are seeing more and more of it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Catholic nuns wear head coverings. Jewish men wear head coverings. Mormons and Zoroastrians have religious undergarments.

My wife has worked with gorgeous gals originally from Iran. When they go back there to visit family, they will don head coverings, even though usually they are completely western in their clothing.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You are correct, of course.  I was just pointing out how stupid so many people have become.  When I hear of things like this, I wonder what causes it.  Something in the water?  Or maybe mad cow disease?  I know stuff like this has gone on probably since the beginning of time, but it seems in recent years, we are seeing more and more of it.

@Applewood

MY best GUESS is even idiots that can't read have access to the media these days via their teebees,and they really and truly think their teebees will never lie to them,so they think that anything THEY say on teebee is true or it wouldn't be on teebee.

They also think anything they WANT to be true WILL be true just because they want it to be true.

For the most part,we ain't dealing with rocket scientists,here.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 05:17:39 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Mormons and Zoroastrians have religious undergarments.

@truth_seeker

Really? First time I ever heard that one.

My wife has worked with gorgeous gals originally from Iran. When they go back there to visit family, they will don head coverings, even though usually they are completely western in their clothing.

Can't blame them. Nobody likes to be beaten. Not even by random strangers. "When in Rome.....",etc,etc,etc.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 05:20:18 pm by sneakypete »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@truth_seeker

Really? First time I ever heard that one.

@sneakypete

Any kind of "true conservative" has heard about and perhaps ridiculed the Mormons. Easily found on the interweb catalogue of links

Since Zoroastrians number so few, I'm working from 40 year old memory concerning a then colleague, born raised and educated in Bombay, working in Tehran. He came to the US and shared a lot of info about his faith. One of the earliest Monotheistic beliefs. Practiced to this day.

Think Zubin Mehta, Freddy Mercury.

Wearing certain garments is one of their things. They are small in number.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedreh
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Any kind of "true conservative" has heard about and perhaps ridiculed the Mormons. Easily found on the interweb catalogue of links

Sorry I don't meet your "true conservative" standards,but I have never been around any of them.

Since Zoroastrians number so few, I'm working from 40 year old memory concerning a then colleague, born raised and educated in Bombay, working in Tehran.

I have a vague recollection of hearing about them being described as airheads several decades ago. AFAIK,I have never met one.