Author Topic: Artificial Intelligence: Will Special Operators Lead The Way?  (Read 293 times)

rangerrebew

Artificial Intelligence: Will Special Operators Lead The Way?
« on: February 18, 2019, 01:14:43 pm »
 Artificial Intelligence: Will Special Operators Lead The Way?

“The SOF guys are less risk averse than conventional ground forces, so they’re more apt to push the limit,” said Bob Work, father of the AI-driven Third Offset Strategy. “Their commanders also have embraced AI and autonomous ops.... so I think all the conditions are set for SOF to lead the way in the more direct combat applications of AI and autonomy.”

By Sydney J. Freedberg Jr. on February 13, 2019 at 4:04 PM

WASHINGTON: The Pentagon’s new artificial intelligence strategy shows how the military is shifting from old-school heavy-metal hardware – tanks, ships, planes – to a world where software makes the difference between victory and defeat. And the bigger this shift becomes, several experts suggest, the bigger the role for Special Operations Command in pioneering new technology. Then the new Joint Artificial Intelligence Center can cherry-pick the successes and scale them up for wider use.

https://breakingdefense.com/2019/02/artificial-intelligence-will-special-operators-lead-the-way/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 01:15:15 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Artificial Intelligence: Will Special Operators Lead The Way?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 01:22:40 pm »
The Pentagon’s new artificial intelligence strategy shows how the military is shifting from old-school heavy-metal hardware – tanks, ships, planes – to a world where software makes the difference between victory and defeat.

This is important to remember when people start claiming our military is underfunded because we don't have enough old school hardware. Our military has never been more powerful compared to the rest of the world. The nature of our military has changed.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates